CB Comix Tips and Troubles!

Story and art by DireLilith.
DireLilith

CB Comix Tips and Troubles!

Postby DireLilith » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:20 pm

This is where I'll post any 'issues' I have with any of the 'issues' I'm producing. Muahahahahaa! Yeah, I'm hilarious! <3

First thing I'd like to suggest to everyone - please download or choose to view the images in full size. When you do that, the text in the word bubbles comes out a lot larger and much more enjoyable. You'll also notice details more too, and hopefully they'll be appreciated!

Feel free to comment and give suggestions in this particular thread as well; it's a bit more cleaner than if we post in the update thread for each episode.

I have a LOT of ideas for these ladies. I was telling people in my Picarto stream that this group is so cheesy sometimes! But I'm open to different...plot themes perhaps? Or current issues or trends that people might want to see, sexually or sensually at least.

Love to hear from you guys and gals! *muah*
You only receive what you have the courage to ask for. ~ Want. Take. Have. - BtVS ~ What the caterpillar calls the end of the world the master calls a butterfly. - Richard Bach
Dire's Blog | DireLilith *LIVE* Streaming!

lods

Re: CB Comix Tips and Troubles!

Postby lods » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:24 pm

Regarding the text, it just sucks from a high resolution display stand point because it kind of defaults to a small size and zooming around is a bit of a pain.

I like your visual style and the variety in lighting. The library was particularly detailed (although it needed more computers labs... unless canadian libraries still don't have electricity ;) and get news off the weekly dog sled). I like little environmental details that help tell the story.

Regarding story, I'm more of a fan of the stories like what tabico writes so I haven't actually been paying much attention so far. But I have nothing against the writers and artists creating things based on their personal muses. :) Keep writing what you want to write.

DireLilith

Postby DireLilith » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:04 pm

details - that is good feedback, thank you! i will keep details in the environment in mind <3

yeah, no, i've never seen a dogsled. sled dogs, yes! but not as a dog sled sort of dog, just the breed wandering around with domesticated owners and stuff...i'm rambling. yes we have electricity in our libraries. but for our heroine, she was working at the back, maybe a special books section? less about using the puters and more about shuffling books around. i just like books over computers so i didn't want to do the public space.

yeah i see what you mean about the high res thing. what are you viewing on, if i might ask?

rant/ today's trouble that made me come post - i'm so disgusted with the way lights work on indoor settings. ugh! i'm still a Poser girl and likely always will be. no switching to Daz any time soon! but man, these lights SUCK! they suck monkey balls! *roars kittenlike* i don't like how my pics turn out dark and wanted y'all to know it's not my intention. just...these lights! *throttles Poser a bit* :evil: /rant
You only receive what you have the courage to ask for. ~ Want. Take. Have. - BtVS ~ What the caterpillar calls the end of the world the master calls a butterfly. - Richard Bach

lods

Postby lods » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:35 pm

I do appreciate the effort put into the lighting. :)

I think the display is 2560x1600 13.3 inch diagonal (yeah, laptop).

And I suppose that makes sense special books section (huge special books section, university?)

DireLilith

Postby DireLilith » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:26 am

hopefully she'll be able to explain her workplace(s) soon in text ;)

latest thing - i found a good way in photoshop to brighten the lights, and i found a way to justify it by the story too. but it means some of the first panels of when they enter this one interior will be darker, mew.

hopefully anyone who is enjoying this particular series will hang around til i get to the next episode! that one will show off more of what i've learned with these girls. with specific characters, figures, hairstyles and clothes, etc., i have to use certain lights or effects to get things to work. so this has been quite the learning curve for me. plus my art partner, darthhell, just taught me no less than TWO great techniques. one for fur ( you know you wanna wait to see why THAT's gonna matter!) and one for making skin and other things look better highlighted.

my art is a work in progress! :lol:

DireLilith

Postby DireLilith » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:28 pm

with careful thought and consultation with those who have seen my art progress for over a decade - seriously, that long! - i decided to restart the next chapter or part or whatever. i've redone the apartment and the office, using scenes that are a lot easier to render. hopefully it'll be fast and i'll have my update ready for this saturday! :o

DireLilith

Postby DireLilith » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:13 pm

i almost got it on time! almost! sorry for anyone who might have been waiting... O.O

right now i'm working on 'episode two' and it's turning out pretty great. man, have you seen the cover shot yet? whew, dem titties! that all came together so nicely....! gonna use more products by that merchant - coflek gnorg i think? - in this chapter. it's like, saving my life right now! his lights and his materials. just bang on!

i'm already almost done chapter one of this next episode. i hope y'all don't mind me taking you along while 'we' get used to the ladies. as an artist it helps me to 'feel' the characters, and this is how that's done. don't worry, it's still QUITE sexy. and there IS a villain coming up. their first, eeee! i'm so excited for them, to see them work as a team. or, er. not work, if that might be the case *wiggles eyebrows*

anyway, i increased font size from 4 to 6. i don't like it! but, early previewers do so, there's that at least. it makes the word bubbles too big over my individual cells. but the panels are easier to read over all, and i hope you guys agree this is a good change.

DireLilith

Postby DireLilith » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:23 pm

when it comes to atmosphere, i like to use lyrics or chants or such to help infer what i was thinking when making an image. you might see 'hard to read' words floating around in strange fonts and colours! this is just atmosphere. i make it so that if viewed full size, you can see it pretty easily. but i'll admit, it can be tricky. red and black, black font with red stroke, eep! but just remember that it's atmosphere more than the importance of what's being said. you'll see that 'a song is playing' and hopefully make out a word or two. just helping you to 'be there' like i am!

DireLilith

Postby DireLilith » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:22 pm

and while making the cover for part THREE i realize that the cover for part TWO has an error..doh! i put part ONE instead of part TWO!

i'll see about fixing that up and getting it posted properly. sorry about that.

on the bright side, got a new computer. on the dark side, it's sucking having to reinstall stuff and upgrade and blah blah blah.

on the bright side, my work flow is now much smoother, i've got a better rendering program now and a better and cleaner installation of adobe as well as ms word. on the dark side, i'm pretty grumpy about all my series!

but i've caught up, and am doing the cover for part three! i'm going to make it as nude and sexy as possible, because i worry you guys aren't getting enough tits and ass from me! doh!

lods

Postby lods » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:07 pm

I don't think we were ever short on T and A. lol

Anyway, can't wait to see what happens now that they got all settled in their base.

DireLilith

Postby DireLilith » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:47 pm

hoping you like the results re: them gettin' 'settled', heh heh heh...supers always seem to attract trouble, don't they...

now i have to figure out how to 'make things happen'. like, the logistics of it, i'm so not sure of *makes her hands into two dolls and tries to mash them together"

when you've seen the latest update, you'll know what i mean!

Return to “Canadian Beaver”