"The Drone Agenda - Evolution" #1

Story and art by Tecknophyle.
Doctor Robo

"The Drone Agenda - Evolution" #1

Postby Doctor Robo » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:09 am

Hey Metrobay fans! Tecknophyle is back this week with a brand new "Drone Agenda" tale for your viewing pleasure. It's called "Evolution", and you can read the first chapter right now at MetrobayComix.com!

All living things evolve, but what happens when a cybernetic network decides it must? The answer is obvious: find the most brilliant minds in Metrobay to help it do so.

Whether they want to or not.

Link to members gallery: http://metrobaycomix.com/members/gal/in ... volution-1

lods

Re: "The Drone Agenda - Evolution" #1

Postby lods » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:26 am

Nice story concept. I've been hoping we'd get something a bit more targeted to show a bit of motive for the collective outside of converting people near other drones. Only other story that was close to this was Sweet Dreams that showed how they targeted a guy to get his security expertise (well, mostly to get him to disable security before offering the zap your brain or be rewarded choice that resulted in zap your brain).

Small question, who is the blond drone? Is she Sonya? I mean, full list of currently converted blonds, I think, are (Convert Another)Raquel, (Hypocritic Oath)Pavlova, (Blogging)Janet, Sandy, Tandy, (Sorority Upgrades)Lily, and (Sweet Dreams)Unnamed Molecular Biologist (I guess Fran is technically blond too). She doesn't really look like Raquel/Pavlova/UMB in the boob size and hips dept. Janet/Sandy/Tandy/Lily have a different hair style. Sonya was more of a platinum blond but looks the most like this drone (oddly, Voltara's face is really similar to the drone but everything else doesn't match, not to mention that as far as we're aware she was liberated from the collective). (Side note, always been a bit confused that Sorority Upgrades and Sweet Dreams was classified as a Grime City story and not a Drone Agenda story/collected with all the rest in the archive when someone was converted in every issue.) And I guess that means the collective has two sets of blond twins (I assume Mindy was converted too).

I think I know who all the rest of the drones are in this issue, though (one was outright identified, another is very hard to miss, and the other one doesn't have green hair).

And sort of related question, does this take place after all the previous Drone Agenda stories or somewhere else?

Now that I buffered with some questions on to speculation by me (so not asking a question, just rambling lol).

I'm kind of expecting Franbot is going to make an appearance to save her mistress. I'm hoping this happens because we've never seen what happens if someone is half converted (so infused but not through the giant dildo closet transformer). I mean, either that or the drones already disabled Franbot (I guess she could have left Franbot with the package far away too, if you want to cover all the possibilities). But hey, we'll finally get see both Tinker and Patel in the same room (as drones now). Right? At least I assume Patel is going to be used for the evolve bit. Would be kind of a waste.

lods

Postby lods » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:46 am

Btw, I'm pretty sure I missed a blond drone but I've been having a hard time figuring out where I remember seeing her. Oh well. One of those that were seen in one of the many Max's office scenes.

Champ

Postby Champ » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:28 am

Another new story peaking curiosity. I loved that the drones are so epic to corner victims and go ahead with the business at hand. Hope to see the next one soon :) Great work!

Northern Chill

Postby Northern Chill » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:44 pm

lods wrote:Nice story concept. I've been hoping we'd get something a bit more targeted to show a bit of motive for the collective outside of converting people near other drones. Only other story that was close to this was Sweet Dreams that showed how they targeted a guy to get his security expertise (well, mostly to get him to disable security before offering the zap your brain or be rewarded choice that resulted in zap your brain).

Small question, who is the blond drone? Is she Sonya? I mean, full list of currently converted blonds, I think, are (Convert Another)Raquel, (Hypocritic Oath)Pavlova, (Blogging)Janet, Sandy, Tandy, (Sorority Upgrades)Lily, and (Sweet Dreams)Unnamed Molecular Biologist (I guess Fran is technically blond too). She doesn't really look like Raquel/Pavlova/UMB in the boob size and hips dept. Janet/Sandy/Tandy/Lily have a different hair style. Sonya was more of a platinum blond but looks the most like this drone (oddly, Voltara's face is really similar to the drone but everything else doesn't match, not to mention that as far as we're aware she was liberated from the collective). (Side note, always been a bit confused that Sorority Upgrades and Sweet Dreams was classified as a Grime City story and not a Drone Agenda story/collected with all the rest in the archive when someone was converted in every issue.) And I guess that means the collective has two sets of blond twins (I assume Mindy was converted too).

I think I know who all the rest of the drones are in this issue, though (one was outright identified, another is very hard to miss, and the other one doesn't have green hair).

And sort of related question, does this take place after all the previous Drone Agenda stories or somewhere else?

Now that I buffered with some questions on to speculation by me (so not asking a question, just rambling lol).

I'm kind of expecting Franbot is going to make an appearance to save her mistress. I'm hoping this happens because we've never seen what happens if someone is half converted (so infused but not through the giant dildo closet transformer). I mean, either that or the drones already disabled Franbot (I guess she could have left Franbot with the package far away too, if you want to cover all the possibilities). But hey, we'll finally get see both Tinker and Patel in the same room (as drones now). Right? At least I assume Patel is going to be used for the evolve bit. Would be kind of a waste.

I understand Sonya, who is my OC from New Drone, will be in this series as will Tien, another OC of mine.

And a bit of correction here: Frandroid is the one with Cyberstar. Franbot is the original graybot but I'm not sure if she'll be appearing in this story.

Nice start to the series, Teckno.

lods

Postby lods » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:14 pm

Thanks for the name correction (one is also blond while the other isn't, right lol). Mixed things up when I was creating the list in the prior paragraph (I actually accidentally merged Lily and Mindy's names one time but caught that before posting lol).

I think we might need a wiki page that lists out who is a known drone and what story it happened.

And yeah, sorry about not putting credit for Sonya's character in the post (always liked how New Drone had both the partners droned by different entities). I figured it was Sonya but wanted to make sure since the hair color was just different enough (and my somehow mistaking Bluebird for Valient Grrl earlier in the week lol).

Anyway, can't wait to see where the story goes.

seg

Postby seg » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:34 pm

Finally, some villainesses get the graybot treatment!

Get gray-botted on your own time, would apply to Cyberstar here, since she almost got converted during the Caught in the Headlights storyline. Now she gets what's been coming to her (scene missing) and we'll finally see what she looks like in silver!

teflon_tim

Postby teflon_tim » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:22 am

lods wrote:I think we might need a wiki page that lists out who is a known drone and what story it happened.

Heck, at this point it might be easier to have a page listing who isn't a known drone (among the "civilians" at least). I think it would definitely be much shorter... :mrgreen:

DrDevious

Postby DrDevious » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:43 pm

lods wrote:Nice story concept. I've been hoping we'd get something a bit more targeted to show a bit of motive for the collective outside of converting people near other drones. Only other story that was close to this was Sweet Dreams that showed how they targeted a guy to get his security expertise (well, mostly to get him to disable security before offering the zap your brain or be rewarded choice that resulted in zap your brain).

Thanks I did my best and I can also reveal the unnamed blonde molecular biologist is Linda Green.

lods

Postby lods » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:30 pm

Yeah, that was a pretty good one issue story. First time the collective did more than parrot convert another or parrot convert another while wondering if her boobs were big enough (not that the collective stories were good/bad, the unresistible force of nature type stories are fun in their own right). (Also, did I miss the name? I tried to find it but didn't come across anyone using her name.)

lods

Postby lods » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:11 pm

Oh forgot (silly edit timeouts lol) to add that Sweat Dreams was the story that really made me wonder if the drones are acting like their original selves or if the the drone personality submerges. I mean, she obviously didn't remember the events where she was acting like herself at the end. So what if all the drones in human form are really just running an emulated layer on top that thinks it is the person but isn't. Instead of being the original person and the drone just creates new/resets the emulation to keep cover as needed and direct the body to do things the collective wants (such as the desire to seek out the security expert guy). If this was the case then when the drone agenda crisis is over and people aren't drones anyone they won't remember any of what happened. That would be an interesting twist that could be kind of cool for future stories/character drama. Sure there are lots of cool things in store for the drone agenda story regardless of what direction is taken. :)

DrDevious

Postby DrDevious » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:27 pm

lods wrote:Yeah, that was a pretty good one issue story. First time the collective did more than parrot convert another or parrot convert another while wondering if her boobs were big enough (not that the collective stories were good/bad, the unresistible force of nature type stories are fun in their own right). (Also, did I miss the name? I tried to find it but didn't come across anyone using her name.)

Nope I sort of missed it out :roll:

cyberbobmkii

Postby cyberbobmkii » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:15 pm

This first issue was pretty much the same song and dance that nearly of the graybot stories have been. That being said, all this talk of evolution makes me curios and somewhat hopeful that the Drone Agenda story will finally be progressing in a significant way.

Trishbot

Postby Trishbot » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:30 am

cyberbobmkii wrote:This first issue was pretty much the same song and dance that nearly of the graybot stories have been. That being said, all this talk of evolution makes me curios and somewhat hopeful that the Drone Agenda story will finally be progressing in a significant way.

There are plans...
Do I like mind control, or am I just mind controlled to like mind control?

lods

Postby lods » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:06 pm

Just like the cylons had a plan! ;)

seg

Postby seg » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:51 pm

lods wrote:Oh forgot (silly edit timeouts lol) to add that Sweat Dreams was the story...

Sweat Dreams? Awesome!
Here's some more misspelling/ typo ideas:

Platex Asylum
The First Gape
The Bone Agenda

lods

Postby lods » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:59 pm

Hey now, be nice. It isn't like you haven't ever had a typo. :P And didn't we already have a story about a pedant?

jabbers

Postby jabbers » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:06 pm

I'll be first to admit that I haven't found the Drone Agenda line of stories to be the most exciting nor interesting. However, my enjoyment of Tecknophyle's past work makes me quite excited for this story. I'm most interested in seeing how it might deviate from the long established Drone Agenda formula and this first chapter already begins with some great intrigue. It's always fun to see even the villains fall victim on occasion! I hope this story will advance the larger arc in some significant way, and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

lifmcs

Postby lifmcs » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:28 pm

Thoughts:

• Woo, more Drone Agenda! I’ve generally been content with the multi-year buildup of this plot. Kudos to y’all on the creative side for showing the necessary restraint. But all the same, as people have said, the formula is due for some *cough*Evolution*cough*.
  • Why the change from collar/gem to torque, at least before the aforementioned evolution?
  • The hip sway / saunter on page 10 wasn’t unwelcome, but still seemed off for the Graybot esthetic.
  • The Graybots evolving is good. But. I hope you keep the idea of a singular Controlunit entity and don’t go full-hive, as it were. Mainly because we already have that in Uzobono’s work.
  • It’s been nice having Cyberstar be above the MC shenanigans after (and even before) she parted ways with A.C. Quire. That said, I hope Frandroid doesn’t save her Mistress this particular time.

Bluemax2

Postby Bluemax2 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:14 pm

I love Tecknophyle's take on the Drone Agenda. His art is incredible and so realistic! I was waiting for more Grey Drone adventures and now we have one. The fact that the Doctor and Cyberstar are being modified is even more delicious. Can't wait to see more "citizens" and otherwise get droned and assimilated.
Evolution is a loaded thought. What happens to these drones next? The possibilities are endless.
Will we ever learn more about the ControlUnit? A hint?

Thank you and keep up the incredible work. Can't wait to see the next episode.

bluemax

Return to “The Drone Agenda - Evolution”