"The Drone Agenda - Evolution" #4

Story and art by Tecknophyle.
Doctor Robo

"The Drone Agenda - Evolution" #4

Postby Doctor Robo » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:50 pm

Hey Metrobay fans! Tecknophyle is back this week with chapter 4 of "The Drone Agenda - Evolution", and you can read it right now at MetrobayComix.com!

The mysterious Controlunit has taken temporary possession of Green Guardian's girlfriend. What does the secretive mastermind behind The Drone Agenda want?

Link to members gallery: http://metrobaycomix.com/members/gal/in ... volution-4

lods

Re: "The Drone Agenda - Evolution" #4

Postby lods » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:58 am

Well this confirms it, Green Guardian has an indicator light for when she has been transformed. So whenever you see her with bright red lips, watch out. (In all seriousness, it would be rather amusing if this was a left over effect from her previous girl friend tinkering with her.)

Oh and a question from last time, since she has a color blindness, does that mean she sees her uniform as the same color of brown/doesn't see the brown highlights?

Anyway, good story with a lot of interesting info about the control unit (still can't figure out it's origins exactly but more than the previous before that could point to nearly anything or anyone being the control unit... one day the ATM snapped and decided humans needed order). Hope we keep something close to this pace with the Drone Agenda arc, it has been forever since anything more significant than a new drone joining happened (still not sure about the impact of Hypnoptica briefly sharing her boob abilities with her coworkers was). Although, I suppose we're going to start getting holiday stories soon (a new issue of Beauty and the Brain would be cool).

Bluemax2

Postby Bluemax2 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:09 am

Teckno,
Fantastic episode. I'm sorry it had to end. I do hope you can continue this arc in the near future. As I've said before, your take on the grey drones is unique and absolutely my favorite. Using Beate Fuchs was ingenious and I do hope we can see her in her regular and of course droned forms very soon.
Having the Controlunit inhabit the scientist was ingenious.

Hoping for an ongoing chapter in this arc, keep up the great work.

By the way, can you post "naked" higher resolution pictures of the drones in this series like Finister does?

thank you

Bluemax.

ajiehb

Postby ajiehb » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:23 am

I wonder if control unit is a human because when it takes control over Drone BF0107 text in bubbles changes from machine to regular. And overal way of speaking is more suitable for human not for robot machine for my taste. I know we need to wait for further stories in order to learn the truth but it's very intriguing me. I hope the wait won't be too long. But considering for how long this theme with drones lives at Metrobay I might be mistaken :D

And a few things about this particular update. I've noticed a photo on the page 72 in the left top corner. And I'm curious to know if it's a easter egg or just default prop to the room?

Also I like how you managed the breast enlangion scene in this update. There was a lot of such scene in different stories but few had actual purpose behind them. And you did it not just because people like bigger boobs but because it was a storage for more nanites before feeding it to green guardian. I hope more artist will follow your approach to BE scenes :)

Thank you for the story and I can't wait to see next one!

mebizarro

Postby mebizarro » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:52 am

This was a great short story arc and found an interesting way to put a new twist on the longer-running greybot story arc.

My 'hunch' is that the new Controller isn't Sentius but the long-forgotten Belindabot who somehow got activated from her dormant state. Unlike the foolish Sentius, she realize that the best way to confront the heroines and villians in Metrobay was to take a long calculated approach by removing the pawns from the board first (e.g., common everyday people in Metrobay) through conversion and then targeting superheroes (e.g., Green Guardian, Hypnotica, Honeydoll, etc) who are either immune to the hypnoray or might have detected have plans before they became to fruition.

I just hope that another several months doesn't go by before this story arc gets moved along further. It is my favorite and the reason I first subscribed to Metrobay.

lods

Postby lods » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:41 pm

At this point I wonder if they're going to have to do something about Memetique. She could probably detect the fact the personalities seem to be an overlay and not the real thing. Alpha Woman is out of the picture for the time being since she is Belinda's. We also still don't know if Snowflake and Solaria were converted in the unfinished Sorority Upgrades too (I'm just assuming not until proof otherwise since they likely would have been useful apprehending Tinker and Cyberstar instead of just sending 4 non-super drones).

Tecknophyle

Postby Tecknophyle » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:50 pm

lods wrote:At this point I wonder if they're going to have to do something about Memetique. She could probably detect the fact the personalities seem to be an overlay and not the real thing.

In my version of the Metrobay timeline, Memetique isn't around yet. Stories where she appears take place after the conclusion of Drone Agenda.

lods

Postby lods » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:27 am

Thanks for the clarification. There wasn't anything that pointed at where she pops up. I'm mostly assuming that all new stories take place after Drone Agenda is resolved these days. It just feels like the drone conspiracy is really long because the story arc is taking a long time to tell.

jabbers

Postby jabbers » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:27 pm

I enjoyed this short because it seemed to raise the stakes a little and provide some elusive insight into the Control Unit, including the fact that it seems to understand the concept of enjoyment (perhaps a potential vulnerability?). Though it wasn't a lot, it was nice to get some solid movement on this long running story arc. I'm really looking forward to finally seeing its conclusion, hopefully sooner than later.

Bluemax2

Postby Bluemax2 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:07 pm

Teckno:
Will we be seeing a sequel to this story soon? This has been one of my favorite takes on the Greybot and Drone Agenda series. I submit this as a hearty vote for "more please".
Thank you.

lods

Postby lods » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:28 pm

Yeah, hope everything is okay. Your stories and art are a great part of this site.

Tecknophyle

Postby Tecknophyle » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:37 pm

I apologize for my absence but real world events intervened, namely a planned bit of time off which was unexpectedly extended due to an incident which caused Post Traumatic Stress I had to deal with.

For those who don't know, among other things I'm a First Responder and had to respond to an incident where...let's just say it was unpleasant given who it happened to and what they did to themselves. It's taken me a bit of time to deal with it. I'm getting back into the routine now.

lods

Postby lods » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:52 am

I hope things are getting better. (And take care of yourself :) )

jabbers

Postby jabbers » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:23 pm

Tecknophyle wrote:I apologize for my absence but real world events intervened, namely a planned bit of time off which was unexpectedly extended due to an incident which caused Post Traumatic Stress I had to deal with.

For those who don't know, among other things I'm a First Responder and had to respond to an incident where...let's just say it was unpleasant given who it happened to and what they did to themselves. It's taken me a bit of time to deal with it. I'm getting back into the routine now.

I'm sorry you had to go through that but I'm glad to hear you're getting back to routine. Take it as gradually as you need. Rest assured, I'll be excited to see whatever you come back with. Your stories are interesting and your artwork is well executed. I've really enjoyed your comics and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Return to “The Drone Agenda - Evolution”