"The Drone Agenda - Evolution" #2

Story and art by Tecknophyle.
Doctor Robo

"The Drone Agenda - Evolution" #2

Postby Doctor Robo » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:54 pm

Hey Metrobay fans! Tecknophyle is back this week with chapter 2 of "The Drone Agenda - Evolution", and you can read it right now at MetrobayComix.com!

Some of the brightest minds in Metrobay think they're assembling for a meeting, unaware that they're going to be betrayed from within as the ControlUnit continues its plans!

Link to members gallery: http://metrobaycomix.com/members/gal/in ... volution-2

lods

Re: "The Drone Agenda - Evolution" #2

Postby lods » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:58 am

Figured Beate was was next up. I was expecting it would be more a few drones vs her to take her down and they wouldn't rely on Hypnotica. No fair. But interesting they created such a trap. They created traps before but not one that required so much premeditation (wouldn't be surprised if this happened at the same time as what was going on in issue 1). I'm hoping we'll see some of the completion of the new drones next (I'm not sure who else they would really need at this point in their plan since they pretty much have all the notable scientists unless they're planning on going after guys).

Bluemax2

Postby Bluemax2 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:19 pm

Technophyle,
Love it! It seems the ControlUnit is amassing specialized drones in order to "pick their brains" as it were...
Love to see them pre-droned and even try to resist. Nice to see Leela-drone again too.
You've picked up nicely from McTek's take on things and I really enjoy your art. It would be nice to see even higher res pictures (sort of like Wikkidlester's picture sizes).
Can't wait to see what's coming. I do hope this is a long and winding tale with many dronings, drones, plot twists and turns as well.
Keep up the incredible work.

pelusa1ca

Postby pelusa1ca » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:41 pm

Technophyle,

Great second chapter: Greybots, serial recruitment, sinister master plan, it is better than great. :twisted:

Fantastic artwork and rendering as always.

One small request, I am hoping that at some point we will see Brown Sugar get added, while she is not a technical expert or super powered, she does have other expertise that the collective might want. She has been a neglected character for quite a while. :cry:

Cheers,

P
Supporter of MCComix, HipComix and Metrobay Comix

lods

Postby lods » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:04 pm

Brown Sugar did have one of the sexiest transformations in night of the drones. And she seems to have a habit of being droned by everything.

I'm actually more wondering if Cyber Grrl will show up in this story since she really is the only heroine left that might fit what the the collective is looking for (I'm doubting Belinda is going to show up in this story since she is getting the Cell Block story and similarly I doubt Ring Mistress will show up because her stories tend to focus on her solo). Then again, putting Cyber Grrl in this might be a bit redundant from the perspective of both her and Beate have girlfriends who are heroines.

Hypnotica almost seems to be filling a similar pivotal roll that Blackout had for night of the drones.

jabbers

Postby jabbers » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:22 pm

It's nice to see a newly introduced character already getting deeper involved in a larger story arc. The deviation from the norm in recruiting these characters is definitely an intriguing development that really injects some fresh air into a plot that had grown stale after being drawn out for so long. I'm also excited by the prospect that since these characters are more significant, their conversions might finally go noticed by those in a position to do something (Green Guardian, Fran, etc.). Nice job and can't wait to see what happens next!

Return to “The Drone Agenda - Evolution”