Members update - Suffering Suffragettes part 4 !!

Story by MacroLass, art by Finister Foul.
FinisterFoul

Members update - Suffering Suffragettes part 4 !!

Postby FinisterFoul » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:28 pm

Greetings Cartoon Fiends and Damsels!

Today we have added part foru of the SUFFERING SUFFRAGETTES series which can be read here:

http://metrobaycomix.com/members/gal/in ... s-Epilogue

Unknown to Paw Paw or Sheridan Fox, the Calico Kitty is actually the evil Baronesse Einstein whose brain has been transplanted into the body of the voluptuous heroine. What evil will the teutonic tease inflict on our unknowing victims? And what will happen when yet another mysterious stranger crashes the party?

Thanks for supporting MetrobayComix.com !!

lods

Re: Members update - Suffering Suffragettes part 4 !!

Postby lods » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:13 pm

Nice update. Small question, was it explained what exactly thallium poisoning was previously? Or is that something for the future?

MacroLass

Postby MacroLass » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:28 am

lods wrote:Nice update. Small question, was it explained what exactly thallium poisoning was previously? Or is that something for the future?

I didn't explain it but I'd be glad to...

I'm assuming that thrallium is a luminescent substance which gives off light like the real world substance radium does, ie it is radioactive and dangerous in the long term. In the currently unwritten story that led up to this epilogue, a large amount of thrallium was gathered together in order to project a mind control ray of unprecedented power. Interference by the heroines on the scene overloaded the power source which in turn funneled into the thrallium causing it to give off a massive burst of radiation, thus poisoning the Baronesse.

lods

Postby lods » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:24 am

Thanks for the info. So running with this, essentially if the thallium exploded or something and she inhaled a bunch of it that could be super harmful while normally thallium radiation (i.e., the light) mostly bounces off the skin (so thallium radiation is more like an alpha particle instead of a gramma ray that just blasts through someone).

MacroLass

Postby MacroLass » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:55 pm

lods wrote:Thanks for the info. So running with this, essentially if the thallium exploded or something and she inhaled a bunch of it that could be super harmful while normally thallium radiation (i.e., the light) mostly bounces off the skin (so thallium radiation is more like an alpha particle instead of a gramma ray that just blasts through someone).

My take on it is that thrallium radiation doesn't just bounce off of skin, it causes degradation of neural pathways in organic bodies (which causes vulnerability to mind control and such) just like radium and other similar substances cause damage to other kinds of cells. Doc and other writers might look at it differently.

lods

Postby lods » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:56 am

Oh, I was going off of how radium 226 mostly gives off alpha particles. The reason why it was so dangerous was because people were inhaling aerosolized radium and ingesting it off of things like plates (and paint brushes). It then kind of stuck around in bodies and yeah, not pretty.

I'm cool with whatever you guys decide to go with. :) (Hopefully everyone, even the bad guys, don't die of cancer or whatnot.)

jabbers

Postby jabbers » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:04 pm

I've been enjoying the unique setting and costume designs in this story. With the update focused on demonstrating the device, there wasn't much room to advance the story beyond teasing the new arrival. I'm looking forward to seeing in what fun and exciting ways the situation progresses next time.

MacroLass

Postby MacroLass » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:05 am

jabbers wrote:I've been enjoying the unique setting and costume designs in this story. With the update focused on demonstrating the device, there wasn't much room to advance the story beyond teasing the new arrival. I'm looking forward to seeing in what fun and exciting ways the situation progresses next time.

Thanks Jabbers. I will say that sadly the train ride (literally and figuratively) is going to be ending soon as none of this has anything to do with the plot point I've been trying to make. :P And given some of the comments in the What Can We Improve thread, I'm ready to stop indulging myself here and move on to my next collaboration with Finister.

jabbers

Postby jabbers » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:51 pm

That's too bad, hopefully nothing is getting rushed. It would be nice to revisit this setting and these characters again. It was shaping up to be a fun adventure though I'm curious about how it will be resolved. Surely, the doctor doesn't seem the sort to raise a family but Calico must eventually, no?

Return to “Suffering Suffragettes”