"APEX Alliance - Damage Control" #2

Story and art by MCtek.
Doctor Robo

"APEX Alliance - Damage Control" #2

Postby Doctor Robo » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:33 am

Hey Metrobay fans! MCtek is back this week with chapter 2 of "Damage Control", and you can read it right now at Metrobay Comix!

Now that Sera has all her pieces in place, it’s time to set them in motion. So who will be her first casualty? Find out only at MetrobayComix.com!

Link to members gallery: http://metrobaycomix.com/members/gal/in ... -Control-2

jabbers

Re: "APEX Alliance - Damage Control" #2

Postby jabbers » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:52 am

I found this chapter hard to follow.

Perhaps it has been awhile but I forgot how RebelPhase got involved. (I recall her costume change happened in another comic and I prefer this new variant!) Was she converted at some point? Was it not shown and just implied?

It wasn't exactly clear to me that it might have been a setup until I caught the subtlety of the repeated dialogue. The use of "they" in this chapter seems purposely ambiguous? Have we learned Solas' role or is it yet to be revealed?

My confusion aside, it seems like things are warming up and we're seeing the beginning of some interesting adjustments.

lods

Postby lods » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:47 pm

Rebel Phase got her new look during Reformat #3 after she was freed from being a statue in Frozen Memories (she was transformed by Ring Mistress 2). This was before Ring Mistress temporarily took over Metrobay with the help of reprogrammed bots and weaponized Alpha Woman (and disabled APEX Alliance by infecting the nano leashes with a virus of some sort). I believe this also takes place after Drone Agenda is resolved (which we have yet to see.. so I think they're no long both greybots). I don't believe we've seen Rebel Phase under any long lasting control (she was controlled by Ring Mistress in Battle of the Babes and turned into a statue golem thing in Frozen Memories. She was frozen once too and I think briefly droned by Max but I think that droned story might not be canonical with this story).

Basically, I think the arc for this story is Battle of the Babes -> Frozen Memories -> Reformat -> Apex Alliance: Public Relations -> Apex Alliance: Damage Control.

Essentially, it seems to be implied that Sera who was revealed to have used the process she used in Public Relations on Leela at some point, turning her into sort of a bot who follows Sera's commands. Sera is using Leela to round about sabotage Max to gain power in some way. So I wouldn't be surprised if she tipped off Rebel Phase/the squad and she isn't a bot (at least yet). (In Battle of the Babes it was referenced that it is difficult to use technology to control Rebel Phase due to her phasing ability so that might be in play here but dunno.) With Leela discredited Sera now gains more power and can use that for whatever her plan is (I assume she has bigger goals than just climbing the APEX management chain). I frankly wouldn't be surprised if she was working for/with/a drone of Ring Mistress.

teflon_tim

Postby teflon_tim » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:52 pm

jabbers wrote:I found this chapter hard to follow.

Perhaps it has been awhile but I forgot how RebelPhase got involved. (I recall her costume change happened in another comic and I prefer this new variant!) Was she converted at some point? Was it not shown and just implied?

Personally I don't think so (and I also hope not). I think that she was tipped off or in some other way led to where Jade was so that she could conveniently "rescue" her. Having Jade found by an actual Squad member would probably allay some of their suspicions.

It wasn't exactly clear to me that it might have been a setup until I caught the subtlety of the repeated dialogue. The use of "they" in this chapter seems purposely ambiguous? Have we learned Solas' role or is it yet to be revealed?

Oh, I think it was definitely a setup. Solas sent AA to crash the interview to make Leela look foolish in Max's eyes so he'd turn over operations to the more competent one. Which is what she's been planning the whole time.

I do like where this story is going. I just wonder which Squad member is going to stumble onto Jade's mission, and what happens when Jade goes to neutralize her. I say when, and not if, because it's simply got to happen sooner or later...

Return to “APEX Alliance - Damage Control”