"APEX Alliance - Damage Control" #4

Story and art by MCtek.
Doctor Robo

"APEX Alliance - Damage Control" #4

Postby Doctor Robo » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:10 am

Hey Metrobay fans! MCtek is back this week with chapter 4 of "Damage Control", and you can read it right now at MetrobayComix.com!

On the island of Neolueke resides a tribe of Highland Amazons - home of heroine American Amazon. All is well... or so it seems? What events will take place in Ainia's homeland, and how will the Amazons be affected? Find out only at Metrobay Comix!

Link to members gallery: http://metrobaycomix.com/members/gal/in ... -Control-4

lods

Re: "APEX Alliance - Damage Control" #4

Postby lods » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:51 pm

Huh. Lot to unpack here. I think most of my confusion is from the prior stories about the Metroybay-universe amazons have been a bit fragmented (as in they're posted on a few different sites). Did we always know they had the transformation ability? (I'm mostly just trying to figure out what if any comics link in with some more backstory and there have been quite a few islands/isolated lands or whatnot that fell or had a secret or whatnot such as Von Ick's country, the whole Atlantis thing, etc...)

Also just double checking that AADC4_pg07 had the text box flipped and the Queen wasn't using the Royal We, so to speak.

Anyway, keep up the story. Can't wait to see what is going on with the Amazons and what the Apex Alliance does next.

jabbers

Postby jabbers » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:06 pm

I really liked the character and costume design in this chapter, it's a nice rendering of the Amazonians.

I didn't expect this storyline to take such an intriguing direction. It's going to be to really interesting watching what unfolds and perhaps what is revealed about the state of the Amazons. I agree with @lods, the Amazonian lore and especially American Amazon's history and story has become quite convoluted and confusing, yet it seems to get even more intricate across all the stories she's been involved in. I hope this story might shed some light by providing more answers than questions.

@lods is correct. I think the dialogue bubbles got switched around on a page, making it particularly confusing, occasional typos aside.

dumbtime

Postby dumbtime » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:39 am

lods wrote:Huh. Lot to unpack here. I think most of my confusion is from the prior stories about the Metrobay-universe amazons have been a bit fragmented (as in they're posted on a few different sites). Did we always know they had the transformation ability? (I'm mostly just trying to figure out what if any comics link in with some more backstory and there have been quite a few islands/isolated lands or whatnot that fell or had a secret or whatnot such as Von Ick's country, the whole Atlantis thing, etc...)

jabbers wrote:...I agree with @lods, the Amazonian lore and especially American Amazon's history and story has become quite convoluted and confusing, yet it seems to get even more intricate across all the stories she's been involved in. I hope this story might shed some light by providing more answers than questions.

We are going to try and formulate a Wiki card for the Amazons as a whole that will explain their origin and the history of their sects over the timeline. That way you'll have a reference point. Give us sometime and will have it all straightened out.

lods wrote:Also just double checking that AADC4_pg07 had the text box flipped and the Queen wasn't using the Royal We, so to speak.

jabbers wrote:@lods is correct. I think the dialogue bubbles got switched around on a page, making it particularly confusing, occasional typos aside.

The errors have been corrected with updated pages.

dumbtime

Postby dumbtime » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:02 pm

lods wrote:...Did we always know they had the transformation ability? (I'm mostly just trying to figure out what if any comics link in with some more backstory and there have been quite a few islands/isolated lands or whatnot that fell or had a secret or whatnot such as Von Ick's country, the whole Atlantis thing, etc...)

I can help some right now with the transformation process background.

Fin's Isle of Ick had the science of Technomancy. That science escaped the destruction of Atlantis with Valaya and the rest of the free Atlanteans and the barbarian slave women. That is found here - http://www.metrobaycomix.com/members/ga ... f_ick_0102

A sect of the descendants of these escapees are the Highland Amazons. How they use the science can be found here - http://metrobay.eroticillusions.com/fre ... s-a-Hero-2

lods

Postby lods » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:33 pm

Thanks! I figured it was connected but I was having a hard time finding the pieces.

dumbtime

Postby dumbtime » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:11 pm

lods wrote:Huh. Lot to unpack here. I think most of my confusion is from the prior stories about the Metroybay-universe amazons have been a bit fragmented (as in they're posted on a few different sites)…

jabbers wrote: …I agree with @lods, the Amazonian lore and especially American Amazon's history and story has become quite convoluted and confusing, yet it seems to get even more intricate across all the stories she's been involved in…

Hey guys,

Here’s a good chronological order of the stories that are now on this site. No links but they aren’t hard to find.

http://metrobay.eroticillusions.com/free/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&p=17910&sid=652bb570f1a89de0341afe6027d6987f&sid=652bb570f1a89de0341afe6027d6987f#p17910

Hope this helps.

DT

cyberbobmkii

Postby cyberbobmkii » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:31 pm

dumbtime wrote:
Hey guys,

Here’s a good chronological order of the stories that are now on this site. No links but they aren’t hard to find.

http://metrobay.eroticillusions.com/free/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&p=17910&sid=0a47a673b4225f3322db3c43303a8618&sid=0a47a673b4225f3322db3c43303a8618#p17910

Hope this helps.

DT

If I may ask, where does this storyline it in?

dumbtime

Postby dumbtime » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:09 pm

cyberbobmkii wrote:
dumbtime wrote:
Hey guys,

http://metrobay.eroticillusions.com/free/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&p=17910&sid=16d9c976399585c11f3552dd218eeea1&sid=16d9c976399585c11f3552dd218eeea1#p17910

Hope this helps.

DT

If I may ask, where does this storyline it in?

Damage Control would fit in a more recent part of the order.

Return to “APEX Alliance - Damage Control”