"Atlantis Reborn" #5

Story by MacroLass, art by Tecknophyle.
Doctor Robo

"Atlantis Reborn" #5

Postby Doctor Robo » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:45 am

Hey Metrobay fans! MacroLass and Tecknophyle are back this week with the fifth installment of "Atlantis Reborn", and you can read it right now in the members gallery of MetrobayComix.com!

MacroLass, Gallant Lass, and Valor Girl are now loyal soldiers for New Atlantis, What happened to make them that way, and what devious plan does the dastardly Doctor Id have for the absent Solaria and Memetique?

Link to members gallery: http://metrobaycomix.com/members/gal/in ... s-Reborn-5

alfredenewman

Re: "Atlantis Reborn" #5

Postby alfredenewman » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:31 am

what is the name of the one vizier is having sex with(the redhead)?

ajiehb

Postby ajiehb » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:58 pm

Redhead is Solaria.

lods

Postby lods » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:12 pm

Yeah, Solaria is sandy red blonde (so she looks blonde in some comics and red in others).

Still haven't shown what he is going to have Solaria do. Bets on him needing a new microwave and this is his solution?

While mixed at first about Memetique going through another huge transformation, I think it would actually be kind of interesting if her character is basically all about going through huge transformations periodically. Anyway, keep up the good work.

Softsubversion

Postby Softsubversion » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:06 am

Macrolass and Technophyle,

I have to say this story is really turning into something special. It was good when it started but wow, you two have really cranked it up into another stratosphere lately and I'll lay down all the reasons I feel that way.

First off this story has plot to spare and is very layered. Just so much going on and it prompts so many questions. How did the Vizier take control of Valiant Woman? Was this addressed in an early story?

The relationship between the Vizier and her is very interesting. He has her thinking she runs things yet he is in total control. But in that one scene he narrates he apologizes when reflecting for lying to her. Is this from some true feeling or reason or just being cocky and condescending?

What are the red crystals that are all over the place? Obviously they are a big part of his control process that fooled even the powerful Memetique.

What does the Vizier plan for Memetique? After he brought her under control she called him father. No better way to consolidate your control over her then make her think he is your father. That would bring loyalty for sure. What is his special plan for her. He obviously wants her powers, is it help supplement his control mechanize or for other reasons? Does he plan on installing her as the new puppet ruler, his loyal "daughter" over Valiant Woman?

And not only what are his near goals for Valiant Woman and Memetique, but what are his long range, bigger plans?

Of course every good MC story should have it's share of hot women and there is no lack there with Solaria, Valor Girl, Gallant Lass and Macrolass. Best of all, all of them have their own unique personalities too. Everyone of them is smoking hot in their own unique way. And man does the hotness factor raise up big time when they are in their Vizier warrior guard uniforms.

And speaking of the warrior guard, another of the Vizier's many plans, if I were him and I wanted safety, I would be giving Valor Girl some extra programming sessions to warp her mind into my ruthless, remorseless enforcer, my hammer. And I would put her in charge of the guard. She has that hard, muscular body for that exact job and you can just see her as his implacable, relentless protector.

There is also the question of the four girls and their necklaces. Vizier says the longer they wear them the deeper their programming becomes until eventually it will become their real and natural mindset for life. Will any of them or some of them succumb to that fate? This also applies to Memetique and her earrings. Will they escape? So you can hear the clock ticking on all of them.

But there is more going on. What about Solaria? The Vizier told the "Queen" that she is serving in a different capacity. What is up there?

Lastly, there are some really nice comic touches in the story. Valor Girl and the History Channel and also her seeming like she is getting it from behind when in she was really getting a foot message. That was some very cute, funny, inventive writing.

Thanks Macrolass and Technophyle for one of the more original, smart, well constructed and inventive stories I've read on the site. I cant wait to see what comes next, because I have no idea at all.

GREAT JOB.

bassrass1

Postby bassrass1 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:06 pm

I have to agree this is a well written story, its plot is building up with a plain sight villain whos goals are currently unknown. Yet as we have seen into his thoughts we know its not the classic evil take over as he is loyal in his own mind to his queen. So where does that leave our beautiful mind control heroines, how will they escape? What are his plans for them now? Surely being guards is to simple for them.

Indday60

Postby Indday60 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:38 am

Great story so far, can't wait to see whats going to happen.
But I do hope this isn't a permanent change in appearance for Memetique, i quite liked her...

MacroLass

Postby MacroLass » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:25 pm

lods - A microwave? Seems unlikely but you never know! Maybe he was wants something made...steamy. <wink wink, nudge nudge>

I'm quite fond of the original Memetique as well though Laythoff Haven had some really nice transformations to it. I wouldn't mind that interpretation of the character myself, I'm quite fond of radical twists and changes too. In the end though, it's Tecknophyle's choice as she's his character.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Softsubversion - Again, thanks for the kind words.

One of the chapters coming up soon has the backstory of the 50's-60's era villain Doctor Id and his interactions with the Squad, both with individual members and as a whole. No, you haven't missed a story....pretty much New Atlantis came about because both Tecknophyle and I want to fill in some of the details on Atlantis and Valiant Woman.

If Doctor Dabir had a Facebook page, his Relationship Status would be - Complicated. :D Again the chapter in the future should elaborate on their interactions but for now I'll tell you that he sincerely dislikes having to deceive her.

The red crystals are irridite, an alien created compound that Valiant Woman produces as a byproduct of her enhanced metabolism. There will be more about it and its more famous related substance thrallium in a future chapter.

I guess you're just going to have to wait and see for what part Memetique is going to play in his plans for the next issue... :twisted:

His long range plans? Well given that he had gone to such lengths to hide from the sight of everyone after taking a relatively small number of followers from Metrobay, he probably liked the way things were going for him. Will his plans change drastically because of these new superhuman arrivals? No one knows....yet. ;)

Glad you like the uniforms...those were probably one of the plot elements I was most excited about in seeing this story illustrated.

Perhaps putting Sulia that would be the logical thing to do (though as MacroLass' creator I'd argue she'd be a better choice :P ) but Id's made it abundantly clear that the three in the guard are just sex toys and meatheads to do heavy lifting for him. Valaya and Shari are the only two women he has any regard for and get any ability to think for themselves, the others are just happy mindpuppets whose only ambition is to serve.

Indeed. They have SOME time before they settle completely into their new lives but but it won't be long...

Indeed, what did happen to Alexis? Only time (and the next issue) will tell...

We appreciate the compliments. We'll try to keep upping the ante on New Atlantis to make this one of Metrobay's best!

bassrass1 - Gosh, I don't know! Maybe we'll just have to keep them there, Teckno....

Indday60 - Again, only time will tell as to what Memetique's ultimate fate is...

And, oh yeah, those other guys too. :lol:

mns_95125

Postby mns_95125 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:13 am

MacroLass wrote:lods - A microwave? Seems unlikely but you never know! Maybe he was wants something made...steamy. <wink wink, nudge nudge>... Indeed, what did happen to Alexis? Only time (and the next issue) will tell...

I'd been assuming bedwarmer. Or maybe heated footstool...

cyberbobmkii

Postby cyberbobmkii » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:01 am

MacroLass wrote:bassrass1 - Gosh, I don't know! Maybe we'll just have to keep them there, Teckno....
:

Well, one can only hope.

lods

Postby lods » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:17 pm

Well I was just guessing based off of the time we saw her heat milk in Resort Tales and food in Solaria: Burning Desires (ignoring the last bit about heating a certain other thing that he probably doesn't want on fire). Those were the only historical ways we've seen her powers being used outside of the more direct just lighting things on fire thing (at least that I recall). :lol: So not microwave, espresso/latte machine?

teflon_tim

Postby teflon_tim » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:15 pm

I'm really liking this story. Somehow I find it unlikely that our enthralled heroines will be that way forever; these characters are too cool and too important to the Metrobay meta-plot to be left as mere servants. The excitement, of course is in the journey. If/when they are rescued, how will it happen, and what (if any) after-effects will there be? I'll be fascinated to see the long-term fallout from this story: what will happen to New Atlantis and its inhabitants when (presumably) the "villain's" plans are thwarted?

I'm even more interested in seeing the upcoming exploration of Doctor Id's motivations and how they play into this story. Judging from what we've seen so far, this is far more than a simple black-and-white tale of villainy and mind control. As much fun as those are, it's good to see some complex motivations from our main antagonist.

Keep up the great work, MacroLass and Technophyle. And don't keep us waiting too long for the next chapter!

ajiehb

Postby ajiehb » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:07 am

mns_95125 wrote:
MacroLass wrote:lods - A microwave? Seems unlikely but you never know! Maybe he was wants something made...steamy. <wink wink, nudge nudge>... Indeed, what did happen to Alexis? Only time (and the next issue) will tell...

I'd been assuming bedwarmer. Or maybe heated footstool...

I get it. The plan is to awake volcano on the island (you know villains tend to like to setup their base on islands with volcano) with help of Solaria and proceed to Metrobay as new Atlantis place would be destroyed. :twisted:

jabbers

Postby jabbers » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:32 pm

This story has been quite enjoyable with some great intrigue and art. Looking forward to more!

Softsubversion

Postby Softsubversion » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:33 pm

Take this great story out of cryonic suspension!!!

Tecknophyle

Postby Tecknophyle » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:13 pm

I'm working on it, I'm working on it.

Softsubversion

Postby Softsubversion » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:22 pm

Tecknophile:

Sorry, but this story is too damn good.

It's your and Macrolass's fault!! lol.

MacroLass