"Nightmares and Realities" #1

Story by Northern Chill, art by Creativeguy.
Doctor Robo

"Nightmares and Realities" #1

Postby Doctor Robo » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:48 pm

Eileen MacDonald is the influential CEO of one of the largest tech companies in Metrobay. When finished with a busy day at work, Eileen usually settles in for a quiet night of sleep with dreams much like any ordinary Metrobay citizen. However, one night the buxom Eileen finds herself in a room that looks straight out of a mad scientist's lab, and hosted by a sinister person unfamiliar to her but whose presence drips the very essence of depravity and evil. Is Eileen dreaming? Is she experiencing the ultimate nightmare? Or will the figure play a role in her - and others' - lives going forward? See what happens as a face not recently seen in Metrobay returns in "Nightmares and Realities" #1 - art by Creativeguy and story written by Northern Chill!

Link to members gallery: http://metrobaycomix.com/members/gal/in ... ealities-1

jabbers

Re: "Nightmares and Realities" #1

Postby jabbers » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:32 am

Can't say I'm a fan of the transformation but the artwork in this chapter was nicely done. It's cool to see him make a return and this first chapter establishes some nice intrigue.

creativeguy

Postby creativeguy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:24 pm

jabbers wrote:Can't say I'm a fan of the transformation but the artwork in this chapter was nicely done. It's cool to see him make a return and this first chapter establishes some nice intrigue.

Just don't like the dolly look? I mean I could do a super uber glossy which seems popular (though over done) ... but I've been doing a variety of dolls for some time and I am sitting on about 10 different looks or styles... Or you just weren't into a doll tf :) Just curious. I chose this one as I thought it fit better for EM in this case... but always open to constructive feedback :)

abc

Postby abc » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:02 pm

I missed this cover in the schedule otherwise of have been, like, "OMInvincible-Girl, Carthax is back!" and I read it and was, like, " WTFudge is going on?"

Looks like there's going a lot to learn over the course of this comic. Should be fun!

But in the meantime, I'm just going to assume the mystery woman is either Gadget Gal or Snowflake. I can tell both of them are just waiting for the chance to go bad.

lods

Postby lods » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:15 pm

The mystery person's outfit kind of looks like Valiant Girl or Valiant Grrl. Either are a possibility since they're both under control. Grrl would probably be the more likely of the two since Queen lines up with Belinda the easiest.

Regarding the transformation stuff, the only comment I would have is that it would have been neat if the waist was a bit more normal proportions prior to the transformation to give the doll transform a bit more oomph.

Good work, and can't wait to see what is going on.

creativeguy

Postby creativeguy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:35 pm

lods wrote:The mystery person's outfit kind of looks like Valiant Girl or Valiant Grrl. Either are a possibility since they're both under control. Grrl would probably be the more likely of the two since Queen lines up with Belinda the easiest.

Regarding the transformation stuff, the only comment I would have is that it would have been neat if the waist was a bit more normal proportions prior to the transformation to give the doll transform a bit more oomph.

Good work, and can't wait to see what is going on.

Personally I think the waist size is in proportion for the body frame just how I view it. :) But we can always agree to disagree. :) Cause I don't get this oomph that you talk about in terms of waists and dolls :)

Thanks for the feedback :)

lods

Postby lods » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:55 pm

Well it was more about showing a change to her and that is the easiest thing considering her bust size is already rather bountiful.

But to be honest, the best doll scene, in my opinion, was Snowflake's conversion in the resort comic because it step by step showed her just how 'effed she was (it didn't really show that much, actually).

jabbers

Postby jabbers » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:31 am

creativeguy wrote:
jabbers wrote:Can't say I'm a fan of the transformation but the artwork in this chapter was nicely done. It's cool to see him make a return and this first chapter establishes some nice intrigue.

Just don't like the dolly look? I mean I could do a super uber glossy which seems popular (though over done) ... but I've been doing a variety of dolls for some time and I am sitting on about 10 different looks or styles... Or you just weren't into a doll tf :) Just curious. I chose this one as I thought it fit better for EM in this case... but always open to constructive feedback :)

Just generally not into TF, for the most part. From what I’ve seen on the site, TFs generally seem catered toward the extremes, either in physicality or in mental capacity. One is less fun for me to look at and the other is less interesting for me to read.

creativeguy

Postby creativeguy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:51 pm

lods wrote:Well it was more about showing a change to her and that is the easiest thing considering her bust size is already rather bountiful.

But to be honest, the best doll scene, in my opinion, was Snowflake's conversion in the resort comic because it step by step showed her just how 'effed she was (it didn't really show that much, actually).

The effect of the transformation was subtler in these regards for EM. One reason is I didn't overdo the gloss aspect which I see done a lot all over the place. I have done that style, I can do it in my sleep actually, tisn't really that hard. This case we were going after something a tad more subtle. There are a variety of styles of dolls out there... I've done most of them at one point or other :)

I'll have to eyeball the snowflake conversion at some point, as I haven't read the abundance of stuff here, chipping away at it as I can.

Thanks for the honesty by the way I do appreciate folks thoughts. Nightmares II is in play and it won't be a dolly ;)

creativeguy

Postby creativeguy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:54 pm

jabbers wrote:
creativeguy wrote:

Just generally not into TF, for the most part. From what I’ve seen on the site, TFs generally seem catered toward the extremes, either in physicality or in mental capacity. One is less fun for me to look at and the other is less interesting for me to read.

Fair enough. I frequently mix TF and MC. I consider MC to be mental or spiritual transformation which at times gets me hate mail :) There are a variety of TF's some are extreme some are subtle etc. It depends on the subject matter. I mean I do a lot of corruption style work art wise that can be demonic tf etc... then object or dolls, robots etc...

I like a bit of both to be honest and sometimes... I even like to do bondage with no MC/TF involved at all :) Or subtle mental stuff from training etc...

Thanks for the feedback :)

lods

Postby lods » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:05 pm

creativeguy wrote:
lods wrote:Well it was more about showing a change to her and that is the easiest thing considering her bust size is already rather bountiful.

The effect of the transformation was subtler in these regards for EM. One reason is I didn't overdo the gloss aspect which I see done a lot all over the place. I have done that style, I can do it in my sleep actually, tisn't really that hard. This case we were going after something a tad more subtle. There are a variety of styles of dolls out there... I've done most of them at one point or other :)

I'll have to eyeball the snowflake conversion at some point, as I haven't read the abundance of stuff here, chipping away at it as I can.

Thanks for the honesty by the way I do appreciate folks thoughts. Nightmares II is in play and it won't be a dolly ;)

Thanks for the explanation. The comic in question is Resort Tales chapter 9 (although the lead up to it in prior chapters is what kind of makes it) in the free section in MCtek's section.

ajiehb

Postby ajiehb » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:15 am

It was a very nice surprise to see Carthax in this story. Last time we've seen him he was "dead?" and very frightened by some voice. And I wonder if it's the same voice now is giving him orders. Also it's interesting if Eileen nightmares are just nightmares or all of it was happening with her in real world? Guess it will show us if Carthax is actually alive or is he living only in peoples dreams. Can't wait to see next chapter. Also that black cloak on the last page of this story looks very very familar :twisted:

creativeguy

Postby creativeguy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:16 pm

ajiehb wrote:It was a very nice surprise to see Carthax in this story. Last time we've seen him he was "dead?" and very frightened by some voice. And I wonder if it's the same voice now is giving him orders. Also it's interesting if Eileen nightmares are just nightmares or all of it was happening with her in real world? Guess it will show us if Carthax is actually alive or is he living only in peoples dreams. Can't wait to see next chapter. Also that black cloak on the last page of this story looks very very familar :twisted:

It was fun ... working out the details of the follow ups and where to fit them into my schedule it sort of was something that was kinda/sorta meant to be a one shot then kinda developed a bit more out ... all fun though :)

Northern Chill

Postby Northern Chill » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:13 pm

This story continues on March 9th...cover is in the gallery (click on the broken image icon and you can see the full size version) featuring Carthax and Omega Woman :)

lods

Postby lods » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:15 pm

Nice. Looking forward to it.

Return to “Nightmares and Realities”