"Nightmares and Realities" #4

Story by Northern Chill, art by Creativeguy.
Doctor Robo

"Nightmares and Realities" #4

Postby Doctor Robo » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:47 pm

Hey Metrobay fans! Northern Chill and Creativeguy are back this week with chapter 4 of "Nightmares and Realities", and you can read it right now in the members gallery of MetrobayComix.com!

Metrobay's citizens have recently had nighttime dreams of a mysterious man named Carthax doing the bidding of unseen employers. Now, Carthax welcomes a woman who is relatively new to Metrobay into his lab... but seems almost afraid to deal with her. Who is the woman, and will Carthax change her future or doom his own? Find out in this installment of "Nightmares and Realities", with art by Creativeguy and story/dialog by Northern Chill. Enjoy!

Link to members gallery: http://metrobaycomix.com/members/gal/in ... ealities-4

lods

Re: "Nightmares and Realities" #4

Postby lods » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:58 pm

Interesting to see Carthax put his guard down. (Although, I suppose if he did for Omega Woman he would have been punched into oblivion.)

We seem to be getting closish to the end of the recruits (I'm assuming Carthax isn't playing strip poker where he will eventually be taking his socks off one by one lol).

ajiehb

Postby ajiehb » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:48 am

lods wrote:Interesting to see Carthax put his guard down. (Although, I suppose if he did for Omega Woman he would have been punched into oblivion.)

We seem to be getting closish to the end of the recruits (I'm assuming Carthax isn't playing strip poker where he will eventually be taking his socks off one by one lol).

And I'm still not quite understand what is going on in this story :/

lods

Postby lods » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:18 pm

Yeah, it is a bit of a slow burn story. I'm mostly paying attention to see if we can find out who Carthax is answering to.

Northern Chill

Postby Northern Chill » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:44 pm

lods wrote:Yeah, it is a bit of a slow burn story. I'm mostly paying attention to see if we can find out who Carthax is answering to.

The plot gets clearer in the coming chapters...everything Carthax has or hasn't done has been with ulterior motives..including the articles of clothing and how he handled the newbie heroine in this chapter.

ajiehb

Postby ajiehb » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:17 am

Northern Chill wrote:
lods wrote:Yeah, it is a bit of a slow burn story. I'm mostly paying attention to see if we can find out who Carthax is answering to.

The plot gets clearer in the coming chapters...everything Carthax has or hasn't done has been with ulterior motives..including the articles of clothing and how he handled the newbie heroine in this chapter.

Nice. Can't wait to see them.

lods

Postby lods » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:32 pm

Northern Chill wrote:

Just make sure Carthax doesn't accidentally leave his keys somewhere, causing him to lock himself out of his secret bunker. :lol:

Anyway, good to hear the plot will be explained a bit more. (I like the mystery and enjoy the more mysterious stories on this site but yeah, his current objectives are very unclear.)

jabbers

Postby jabbers » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:55 pm

Yeah, this has been a slow burn since it has been nothing but mystery without any hint of how the dreamers have been impacted. Hopefully things get more exciting in the updates to come.

Without knowing more details about this newly introduced character, it does seem like her powers overlap with Ms. Metrobay's so I wonder how she'll be differentiated enough to justify her introduction. I'll add that her costume design feels a little uninspired with the plain leotard and its modest cut.

MacroLass

Postby MacroLass » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:54 am

A question I had brought up by lods comment earlier in this thread: Does Carthax still have his powers from Visual Contact? If so he's virtually immune to even an attempt at physical reprisal.

Northern Chill

Postby Northern Chill » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:45 pm

ajiehb wrote:
Northern Chill wrote:

Nice. Can't wait to see them.

Thanks. I think there'll be a few surprises for all concerned... :)

Northern Chill

Postby Northern Chill » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:51 pm

lods wrote:
Northern Chill wrote:

Just make sure Carthax doesn't accidentally leave his keys somewhere, causing him to lock himself out of his secret bunker. :lol:

Anyway, good to hear the plot will be explained a bit more. (I like the mystery and enjoy the more mysterious stories on this site but yeah, his current objectives are very unclear.)

Carthax's objectives will be clear...and call back to how he got to where his at present.

Northern Chill

Postby Northern Chill » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:58 pm

jabbers wrote:Yeah, this has been a slow burn since it has been nothing but mystery without any hint of how the dreamers have been impacted. Hopefully things get more exciting in the updates to come.

Without knowing more details about this newly introduced character, it does seem like her powers overlap with Ms. Metrobay's so I wonder how she'll be differentiated enough to justify her introduction. I'll add that her costume design feels a little uninspired with the plain leotard and its modest cut.

Miss Opimum's abilities are different than MM...enough that Carthax gave her a wide berth before treatment. As for her outfit, blame falls to me...from my pov, a newbie heroine wouldn't be too flashy at first for an outfit. As she gains exposure, costumes change...tends to happen in Metrobay... ;)

Northern Chill

Postby Northern Chill » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:03 pm

MacroLass wrote:A question I had brought up by lods comment earlier in this thread: Does Carthax still have his powers from Visual Contact? If so he's virtually immune to even an attempt at physical reprisal.

Does Carthax still have his powers? I guess it would depend on what happened between the end of Visual Contact and this story. He certainly has the same arrogance and attitude from before but have things changed for our favourite space pirate? The fact he answers to, so far, unseen superiors suggests he isn't in control of the situation at the present.

At the present....

cyberbobmkii

Postby cyberbobmkii » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:06 am

Just saw the cover for issue 5 in the Free Gallery. If the cut off character is who i think it is, then hot damn, this story is going to get way more interesting! :D

ajiehb

Postby ajiehb » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:03 am

cyberbobmkii wrote:Just saw the cover for issue 5 in the Free Gallery. If the cut off character is who i think it is, then hot damn, this story is going to get way more interesting! :D

Well it's Alpha Woman in outfit from one old story about VR game. Don't remember the name of the story though :(

lods

Postby lods » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:43 am

Yeah, that is the supreme ruler Alpha Woman outfit from Catatonic where she ends up droning everyone.

cyberbobmkii

Postby cyberbobmkii » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:51 pm

ajiehb wrote:Well it's Alpha Woman in outfit from one old story about VR game. Don't remember the name of the story though :(

lods wrote:Yeah, that is the supreme ruler Alpha Woman outfit from Catatonic where she ends up droning everyone.

I was trying to be subtle, but yes I know that's Queen Alpha. And she appears in Catatonic Toys, chapters 6 and 7(aka the two best cbapters).

Northern Chill

Postby Northern Chill » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:33 pm

lods wrote:Yeah, that is the supreme ruler Alpha Woman outfit from Catatonic where she ends up droning everyone.

Could be....but what was depicted then does not necessarily guarantee a repeat of that scenario...maybe ;)

lods

Postby lods » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:50 pm

Yup. Wasn't that device just showing potential universes? So I wouldn't be surprised if this was slightly different (but I wonder if we can all agree that Alpha Woman going bad probably happens quite a bit in other universes).

Return to “Nightmares and Realities”