Tourist Trap

Story and art by Trishbot.
Trishbot

Tourist Trap

Postby Trishbot » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:43 am

Hey everyone! Got an exciting new One-Shot for you! Some familiar heroines to some of you will be making their official Metrobay transition today!

The League of Liberty has received a surprise invitation to travel to Metrobay to meet up with the APEX Alliance to discuss a potential partnership. Taking them up on their offer, four Liberty Grove representatives travel to Metrobay's Sunny Side Resort to discuss joining forces, unaware that more insidious forces are at work to ensure their stay in Metrobay is far more permanent than they realize! Find out what happens in "Tourist Trip", Metrobay's newest One-Shot, only at Metrobay Comix!

Catch it here: http://metrobaycomix.com/members/gal/index.php/Metrobay-One-Shots-Season-2/Tourist-Trap

Thank you for reading, everyone! And thank you for supporting Metrobay Comix!
Do I like mind control, or am I just mind controlled to like mind control?

bassrass1

Re: Tourist Trap

Postby bassrass1 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:49 am

Very good, I love these little one shots. I do have to wonder where in the timeline this takes place with Damage controll having most of the nano leash slaves gone.

Trishbot

Postby Trishbot » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:31 am

bassrass1 wrote:Very good, I love these little one shots. I do have to wonder where in the timeline this takes place with Damage controll having most of the nano leash slaves gone.

To my knowledge, this One-Shot takes place between Damage Control #3 and #4.

So Sera's got her own Alliance now... and she's recruiting more.

teflon_tim

Postby teflon_tim » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:34 pm

Holy cow! This is certainly a departure (and a welcome one!) from the usual lighthearted fare of the One-Shot stories. Sera isn't messing around! I am shaking with anticipation as to where this will take us. With the AA now making inroads into both the Amazons and the League of Liberty, how can anyone stop them? Don't make us wait too long to find out!

One side question though: where does this fall as relates to the Drone Agenda? Kat Krusader mentioned the Tights Club. Does the nano-leash overpower her previous droning, or has that been done away with?

Great job! More, more, I'm still not satisfied!

Trishbot

Postby Trishbot » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:00 pm

teflon_tim wrote:Holy cow! This is certainly a departure (and a welcome one!) from the usual lighthearted fare of the One-Shot stories. Sera isn't messing around! I am shaking with anticipation as to where this will take us. With the AA now making inroads into both the Amazons and the League of Liberty, how can anyone stop them? Don't make us wait too long to find out!

I can safely say you'll be seeing MUCH more of the League of Liberty going forward, and soon.

teflon_tim wrote:One side question though: where does this fall as relates to the Drone Agenda? Kat Krusader mentioned the Tights Club. Does the nano-leash overpower her previous droning, or has that been done away with?

For now, I'll say that the Drone Agenda control is dormant. When it needs to take over, it can. Whether it can override the nano-leash? Well, that's a situation that hasn't quite come up yet... Food for thought...

teflon_tim wrote:Great job! More, more, I'm still not satisfied!

Glad you liked it! I'm looking forward to seeing more of them myself!

seg

Postby seg » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:48 pm

It's so good to see these characters again, after all this time. Thank you to the Nth power!

lods

Postby lods » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:33 pm

Glad that Liberty Grove is coming back. I think what I like about them is that the heroines were more about doing their own things and the relationships between them (I mean, one of them is even married to a bad guy, right). I know that they technically have leadership (even though one of them is probably still part of Unity somewhere) and it isn't like Metrobay doesn't have characters concerned about each other but it it has things like Emerald Tiger training behind her mother's back. Metrobay has been much more about xyz squad or group doing things. Everything is way more official.

Why Unity was so good was because it was this group of people who knew each other being assimilated (this is a bit where some of Drone Agenda falls apart... it becomes a lot of people being converted just because they're within physical proximity). So can't wait to see more of Liberty Grove drama.

teflon_tim

Postby teflon_tim » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:45 pm

Trishbot wrote:For now, I'll say that the Drone Agenda control is dormant. When it needs to take over, it can. Whether it can override the nano-leash? Well, that's a situation that hasn't quite come up yet... Food for thought...

Food for thought indeed. And I just remembered that there's another potential issue.

As we may recall, Sera Solas was also droned (in the recent "Drone Agenda: Evolution" story). Was the "Drone Agenda" wrapped up prior to the "current" storyline, or is there something doubly sinister at work here? Wait, maybe you shouldn't answer that... :twisted:

(Sorry to ask picky questions. I really like so much of what's been presented lately, and while I realize that continuity is something that is often fast and loose with comics like this... I just like it when a meta-story arc comes together.)

Keep up the great work!

lods

Postby lods » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:29 am

I was under the impression from the Ring Mistress/Goldwing arc (and by extension Apex Alliance) was that they were happening post Drone Agenda because Alpha Woman and Valiant Grrl weren't Belinda Thralls.

It would make sense that Apex would shift away from graybots and more toward a tech they thought they'd have more control over and wasn't kind of repurposed from Sentinus.

Mister Cryptic

Postby Mister Cryptic » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:41 pm

Really glad to see League of Liberty back! They were what got me into the Metrobay family of comics in the first place. Thank you, Trishbot!

Return to “Metrobay One-Shots”