"The Omega Mystery" #25

Story by Doctor Robo, art by Finister Foul, postwork by Trishbot.
Doctor Robo

"The Omega Mystery" #25

Postby Doctor Robo » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:28 pm

Hey Metrobay fans! We're back this week with chapter 25 of "The Omega Mystery", and you can read it right now at MetrobayComix.com!

Omega Woman has defeated Super Freak in combat before, but the mighty maiden of muscle seems to be a bit tougher opponent this time around. But while she's distracted, Omega Woman doesn't realize that something bad has happened to her longtime teammate Ms. Metrobay...

Link to members gallery: http://metrobaycomix.com/members/gal/in ... Mystery-25

Ghosthand

Re: "The Omega Mystery" #25

Postby Ghosthand » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:04 pm

Very interesting! I hate cliff hangers though! I wonder what nefarious scheme Max has up his sleeve this time? And just what is this mysterious machine?? Will Ms. Metrobay's naughty fantasies come true and she'll be turned into a obedient robot woman??? Hope the next chapter is very soon!!!

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:18 am

Ghosthand wrote:Very interesting! I hate cliff hangers though! I wonder what nefarious scheme Max has up his sleeve this time? And just what is this mysterious machine?? Will Ms. Metrobay's naughty fantasies come true and she'll be turned into a obedient robot woman??? Hope the next chapter is very soon!!!

I won't outright give it away, but if you look back at previous stories involving these characters I think you'll get some clues as to where this story may be headed...

- Doc

mns_95125

Postby mns_95125 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:14 pm

Doctor Robo wrote:I won't outright give it away, but if you look back at previous stories involving these characters I think you'll get some clues as to where this story may be headed...

The possibility that comes to mind is Max using the nano-leash on Ms. Metrobay, followed by Ringmistress somehow seizing control from him and turning her into the Squad mole we see in Reformat. That scenario would raise some interesting questions about the true source of the nano-leash technology, and whether the other nano-leash subjects are still under Max's thumb.

Ghosthand

Postby Ghosthand » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:26 pm

mns_95125 wrote:
Doctor Robo wrote:I won't outright give it away, but if you look back at previous stories involving these characters I think you'll get some clues as to where this story may be headed...

The possibility that comes to mind is Max using the nano-leash on Ms. Metrobay, followed by Ringmistress somehow seizing control from him and turning her into the Squad mole we see in Reformat. That scenario would raise some interesting questions about the true source of the nano-leash technology, and whether the other nano-leash subjects are still under Max's thumb.

I don't really think so. For one thing, if he was going to leash her he would have to send her to Patel, unless they have devised a portable leashing machine. But even the it take quite a while for the Dr. to 'debug' them and reprogram their minds.

I am having a hard time figuring out what Doc means though. It's almost as frustrating as the cliff hanger :cry: I scanned through the gallery and the free gallery but really couldn't find anything where Max and Ms. Metrobay really were at odds directly. He is mainly chasing Pink Pussycat. Even in To Love and Obey Ms. Metrobay was mind controlled to strip and perform for R.O.P.E. and he wasn't really even interested because PP wasn't there. I don't really see that he has had any major plot going for her or Omega Woman outside of him wanting control of all the heroines. :? So I'm totally at a loss as to what he has up his sleeve for them. Anticipating august second now :)

ajiehb

Postby ajiehb » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:03 am

I agree with @Ghosthand that Max wasn't interested in Ms. Metrobay. And I'm curious what he has on his mind now. Remember that this whole situation wasn't planned by Max. He learned about Ms. Metrobay and Omega Woman going for him in the last moment, so it's some kind of emergency plan. Or even improvisation! It's also very interesting what was the purpose of Max hiring our little pixies? Just to mess up things in Superheroine Headquarters? Or it was a part of his bigger plan... And what about Ted? Will he show up in this story? So many questions :D Can't wait to see next chapter.

pelusa1ca

Postby pelusa1ca » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:02 am

Did I miss something? When did Patriot Princess and Lady Payback get 'adjusted'? I remember their introduction in Business Ethics, but do not remember any backstory where Apex carried out the deed.

P
Supporter of MCComix, HipComix and Metrobay Comix

dumbtime

Postby dumbtime » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:55 am

pelusa1ca wrote:Did I miss something? When did Patriot Princess and Lady Payback get 'adjusted'? I remember their introduction in Business Ethics, but do not remember any backstory where Apex carried out the deed.

P

When you say, 'adjusted' & 'carried out the deed,' what are you referring to? The nano-leash?

abc

Postby abc » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:53 pm

Things are definitely getting messy here. It's great!

lods

Postby lods » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:42 am

I thought Lady Payback was just made evil (why the cloak left her and she is no longer a heroine).

Ghosthand

Postby Ghosthand » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:00 am

ajiehb wrote:I agree with @Ghosthand that Max wasn't interested in Ms. Metrobay. And I'm curious what he has on his mind now. Remember that this whole situation wasn't planned by Max. He learned about Ms. Metrobay and Omega Woman going for him in the last moment, so it's some kind of emergency plan. Or even improvisation! It's also very interesting what was the purpose of Max hiring our little pixies? Just to mess up things in Superheroine Headquarters? Or it was a part of his bigger plan... And what about Ted? Will he show up in this story? So many questions :D Can't wait to see next chapter.

Seeing the cover for issue 27 I think I could be completely wrong... I think Doc likes messing with our minds as much as the heroines ;)

Trishbot

Postby Trishbot » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:43 pm

lods wrote:I thought Lady Payback was just made evil (why the cloak left her and she is no longer a heroine).

You are correct. She was put through the Modification Machine like Ginger was.

... That's probably a One-Shot or short-story I should tell, don't you think?
Do I like mind control, or am I just mind controlled to like mind control?

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:06 am

ajiehb wrote:I agree with @Ghosthand that Max wasn't interested in Ms. Metrobay. And I'm curious what he has on his mind now. Remember that this whole situation wasn't planned by Max. He learned about Ms. Metrobay and Omega Woman going for him in the last moment, so it's some kind of emergency plan. Or even improvisation! It's also very interesting what was the purpose of Max hiring our little pixies? Just to mess up things in Superheroine Headquarters? Or it was a part of his bigger plan... And what about Ted? Will he show up in this story? So many questions :D Can't wait to see next chapter.

Max is the kind of guy who likes to think he always has everything under control. So what happens when someone like Omega Woman shows up and throws him out of a skyscraper?

It's like Mike Tyson once said, "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth". When Omega Woman and Ms. Metrobay showed up, Max's 'plans' went out the window (literally and figuratively) and base emotions like anger/embarrassment/vindictiveness took over. What you're seeing now is a man who is not used to being told he can't do something, or he can't have something. He's going to show OW and MM that he can and will do whatever he wants, the law - and basic human decency - be damned.

- Doc

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:10 am

lods wrote:I thought Lady Payback was just made evil (why the cloak left her and she is no longer a heroine).

Not exactly. I may be wrong, but from what I understand the Cloak of the Nightengale left Samantha Sable because her true nature wasn't pure and chaste enough for her to serve as a long-term host. She's wasn't quite 'evil', but not exactly 'good' either. It wasn't until later on that she fully embraced her inner bad girl, whether she intended to or not.

- Doc

ajiehb

Postby ajiehb » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:01 am

Trishbot wrote:

You are correct. She was put through the Modification Machine like Ginger was.

... That's probably a One-Shot or short-story I should tell, don't you think?

Ohh yesssss :D!!!!

dumbtime

Postby dumbtime » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:28 am

dumbtime wrote:
pelusa1ca wrote:Did I miss something? When did Patriot Princess and Lady Payback get 'adjusted'? I remember their introduction in Business Ethics, but do not remember any backstory where Apex carried out the deed.

P

Re-read the bedroom scene in Business Ethics where Max formulates the Apex Alliance team and follow along the Capital City Chronicles to find out how Patriot Princess got involved. ;)

I think that might finish answering your question

Return to “The Omega Mystery”