"The Omega Mystery" #36

Story by Doctor Robo, art by Finister Foul, postwork by Trishbot.
Doctor Robo

"The Omega Mystery" #36

Postby Doctor Robo » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:27 pm

Hey Metrobay fans! Your old pals Doc Robo, Finister Foul, and Trishbot are back this week with chapter 36 of "The Omega Mystery", and you can read it right now at MetrobayComix.com!

We deal with the fallout from the Superheroine Squad vs. APEX Alliance battle royale, as one side celebrates their 'victory' in their own unique way!

Link to members gallery: http://metrobaycomix.com/members/gal/in ... Mystery-36

teflon_tim

Re: "The Omega Mystery" #36

Postby teflon_tim » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:21 pm

Okay, I gotta call foul on this one. (A not entirely serious foul, but a foul nonetheless).

Nothing wrong whatsoever with Max Indexs getting off scot free because of OW coercing the signing of the warrant; I think we all saw that one coming. And I liked the fact that the Apex Alliance was allowed some relief; perhaps Max isn't a complete bastard.

But...

We have two direct witnesses (including the intended victim) to attempted mind control in broad daylight in the middle of the street and nothing is said about it? And nobody else (civilians, cops, etc.) saw a damn thing? Virtually the entire Squad now knows about the true nature of the Apex Alliance and they can't do jack about it? I guess Max Indexs is the new Donald Trump (i.e. "I could shoot someone in the middle of the street and not suffer a thing for it...").

Look, I know that the creators of the AA have a lot invested in that storyline, and I can appreciate that. And I can also appreciate that this is a "comic-book world," so a certain amount of suspension of disbelief is required. But I am more than a little disappointed that there appears to be no fallout whatsoever for what has happened, and in fact the Squad is even further behind the 8-ball.

Was I expecting the AA to be defeated, Max put in jail, and everything made better? No, of course not; the events and chronology of the other stories (i.e. the "Frozen/Reformat" plotline) make that unworkable. And in any case it wouldn't have made sense to fix everything in the last chapter of a single story. But I was hoping for at least a smidge of "progress" in the Squad's fight against evil. Something like "We can't move on them yet, but now we know what's going on. And I have an idea..."

Or something. But instead there is no hope in sight for the AA, and no clues or intention that anything will ever change. I know that these stories take a while to unfold and it may very well be that the authors may have different plans down the line (although at least one of them has stated that she doesn't), but I'm just not seeing it. All I'm asking for is a few crumbs; these are stories about heroines, after all, and seeing them lose most of the time where it counts is becoming less fun.

dumbtime

Postby dumbtime » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:52 pm

teflon_tim wrote:Okay, I gotta call foul on this one. (A not entirely serious foul, but a foul nonetheless).

Nothing wrong whatsoever with Max Indexs getting off scot free because of OW coercing the signing of the warrant; I think we all saw that one coming. And I liked the fact that the Apex Alliance was allowed some relief; perhaps Max isn't a complete bastard.

But...

We have two direct witnesses (including the intended victim) to attempted mind control in broad daylight in the middle of the street and nothing is said about it? And nobody else (civilians, cops, etc.) saw a damn thing? Virtually the entire Squad now knows about the true nature of the Apex Alliance and they can't do jack about it? I guess Max Indexs is the new Donald Trump (i.e. "I could shoot someone in the middle of the street and not suffer a thing for it...").

Look, I know that the creators of the AA have a lot invested in that storyline, and I can appreciate that. And I can also appreciate that this is a "comic-book world," so a certain amount of suspension of disbelief is required. But I am more than a little disappointed that there appears to be no fallout whatsoever for what has happened, and in fact the Squad is even further behind the 8-ball.

Was I expecting the AA to be defeated, Max put in jail, and everything made better? No, of course not; the events and chronology of the other stories (i.e. the "Frozen/Reformat" plotline) make that unworkable. And in any case it wouldn't have made sense to fix everything in the last chapter of a single story. But I was hoping for at least a smidge of "progress" in the Squad's fight against evil. Something like "We can't move on them yet, but now we know what's going on. And I have an idea..."

Or something. But instead there is no hope in sight for the AA, and no clues or intention that anything will ever change. I know that these stories take a while to unfold and it may very well be that the authors may have different plans down the line (although at least one of them has stated that she doesn't), but I'm just not seeing it. All I'm asking for is a few crumbs; these are stories about heroines, after all, and seeing them lose most of the time where it counts is becoming less fun.

All I saw was the vigilante extension of the Metrobay Police acting very vigilante. The Squad is always to hasty and Max is always to horny.

I don't think anyone on the Squad thinks Max has good intentions, even with the Alliance. I, also, think they aren't 'dense' about the Alliance either. Metrobay is the land of mind control and buxom superwomen running around in their skimpies all the time. someone or something is trying to bondage or mind control something or someone all the time in that city.

The squad's response to what the Alliance revealed in the street brawl wasn't shown and I'm not sure if it will be in this story. That's up to Doc, Fin and Trish but I'm sure, behind the scenes, there is or will be discussion among the ranks. It'll probably be more emotional than logical because that is part of the fantasy.

lods

Postby lods » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:56 pm

I've been wondering for a while if this is part of the Ms Metrobay as Ringmistress minion bit (in other words her tempering Omega Woman's wrath for every part except when they got the warrant).

562277566tim

Postby 562277566tim » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:29 am

Actually,I think "The Omega Mystery" has show us what will happen in the "badguy winning ends" later.In a way, six heroines of APEX Alliance are fallen into permanent enslavement already.Without the help of Alpha Woman etc.,Ms Metrobay and Omega Woman have been joined APEX Alliance as recruits.
But what will Max do in the next? Led his Superslave Squad to ruin the Superheroine Squad?With Max's ability level, there is only one way to success.Sneak attack the Superheroine Squad form shadow,one by one.

Ps:How Lady Payback was been brainwashed into a meek slave.Maybe is another story?
http://metrobay.eroticillusions.com/fre ... y-payback/

Trishbot

Postby Trishbot » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:17 pm

562277566tim wrote:Ps:How Lady Payback was been brainwashed into a meek slave.Maybe is another story?/

Lady Payback's brainwashing has actually never been shown yet.

We should probably do a quick story showing that off at some point, don't you think?
Do I like mind control, or am I just mind controlled to like mind control?

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:42 am

teflon_tim wrote:We have two direct witnesses (including the intended victim) to attempted mind control in broad daylight in the middle of the street and nothing is said about it? And nobody else (civilians, cops, etc.) saw a damn thing? Virtually the entire Squad now knows about the true nature of the Apex Alliance and they can't do jack about it? I guess Max Indexs is the new Donald Trump (i.e. "I could shoot someone in the middle of the street and not suffer a thing for it...")

In a word? Yes. We have shown that Max, via his ROPE connections, is able to extend his influence to all facets of city government. He has the judge in his pocket, the district attorney is a ROPE member, and the mayor and warden are under the control of greentooth earpieces. Max essentially has carte blanche to do whatever he wants in Metrobay, short of murdering someone. That's pretty much *his* superpower.

I think you tapped into the core of what we do. If we're keeping it real here, the members of the Superheroine Squad kind of suck at their jobs. I mean, we're trying not to make them out to be *completely* inept, but in a way they have to be in order for us to be able to tell these sexy/naughty stories, don't they? If the heroines were truly good at fighting crime they would never get into these perilous situations in the first place, right? And then where would we be?

I appreciate your concerns. However, might I ask that you allow the story to play out to its conclusion before you pass judgement? If the story ends and you are still unsatisfied, I invite you to let me have it. But "Omega Mystery" still has a couple of chapters left. A lot could happen before it's finished.

Thanks for your comments. It's nice to know that you care enough about our stories to take the time to write down and share your thoughts. We appreciate it.

- Doc

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:47 am

dumbtime wrote:All I saw was the vigilante extension of the Metrobay Police acting very vigilante. The Squad is always to hasty and Max is always to horny.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. I couldn't have said it better myself. The Squad fucked up when they unknowingly allowed Max to sucker them into a brawl with the Alliance. Those Metrobay citizens who think Max is a paragon of virtue now have even more reason to be suspicious of anyone with superpowers.

- Doc

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:48 am

lods wrote:I've been wondering for a while if this is part of the Ms Metrobay as Ringmistress minion bit (in other words her tempering Omega Woman's wrath for every part except when they got the warrant).

Nope. This story has no connection to MCtek's "Reformat" series.

- Doc

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:49 am

562277566tim wrote:Actually,I think "The Omega Mystery" has show us what will happen in the "badguy winning ends" later.In a way, six heroines of APEX Alliance are fallen into permanent enslavement already.Without the help of Alpha Woman etc.,Ms Metrobay and Omega Woman have been joined APEX Alliance as recruits.
But what will Max do in the next? Led his Superslave Squad to ruin the Superheroine Squad?With Max's ability level, there is only one way to success.Sneak attack the Superheroine Squad form shadow,one by one.

Let's just say the next chapter of "Omega Mystery" will answer some of your questions. Stay tuned!

- Doc

teflon_tim

Postby teflon_tim » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:07 pm

Doctor Robo wrote:I appreciate your concerns. However, might I ask that you allow the story to play out to its conclusion before you pass judgement? If the story ends and you are still unsatisfied, I invite you to let me have it. But "Omega Mystery" still has a couple of chapters left. A lot could happen before it's finished.

Thanks for your comments. It's nice to know that you care enough about our stories to take the time to write down and share your thoughts. We appreciate it.

Fair enough. I wasn't sure whether or not that *was* the last chapter, but now I see that more is to come. Once I saw that "Next Chapter" cover I realized that I may have been a bit premature. :)

And I care because the stories *are* good enough to keep me invested. Even if a particular plot direction isn't to my liking, it doesn't mean that I think the story as a whole is "bad." You guys do a great job, and I truly appreciate the time and effort you put into this site. So yes, I'll wait and see how things go. Thanks!

lods

Postby lods » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:45 pm

Doctor Robo wrote:
lods wrote:I've been wondering for a while if this is part of the Ms Metrobay as Ringmistress minion bit (in other words her tempering Omega Woman's wrath for every part except when they got the warrant).

Nope. This story has no connection to MCtek's "Reformat" series.

- Doc

Thanks. I always like to double check since sometimes you do connect things (usually not, which is fine). Can't wait to see what exactly the omega stuff is all about.

Return to “The Omega Mystery”