"Amazon Redemption" part 14

Story and art by Dumbtime.
Doctor Robo

"Amazon Redemption" part 14

Postby Doctor Robo » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:55 pm

Hey Metrobay fans! Dumbtime is back this week with part 14 of "Amazon Redemption", and you can read it right now in the members gallery of MetrobayComix.com!

From Dumbtime: Many have asked over the years if I ever was going to tell the tale of how Ainia went from being the captain of the Amazon warriors to a superheroine living in another part of the world. Well, the wait is over. That part of the story is finally here...

The queen has summoned her rebellious child, Calidora, from the Amazonian prison realm and we are finding out that the reason she's in there is for trying to overthrow her mother. The queen believes Calidora has something to do with the unsettling feeling about Ainia/Anna's disappearance and she's not far from the truth. But what exactly is the 'truth?' And can the truth be more distorted to the queen than her fears?

Let's take a peek and find out. Here's part 14 of "Amazon Redemption" for your viewing pleasure!

Link to members gallery: http://metrobaycomix.com/members/gal/in ... on-part-14

jabbers

Re: "Amazon Redemption" part 14

Postby jabbers » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:15 am

It's been so long since this directive was implanted that I forgot what it did until this callback. Is this the first time this layer of control has been portrayed since it was initially applied? It's interesting to see the conflicting internal emotions about her sister but I'm curious about why she takes issue with the goddess. This hasn't yet been introduced, explained, or even hinted at, correct? The events leading to her present imprisonment could be entertaining.

dumbtime

Postby dumbtime » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:19 pm

jabbers wrote:It's been so long since this directive was implanted that I forgot what it did until this callback. Is this the first time this layer of control has been portrayed since it was initially applied? It's interesting to see the conflicting internal emotions about her sister but I'm curious about why she takes issue with the goddess. This hasn't yet been introduced, explained, or even hinted at, correct? The events leading to her present imprisonment could be entertaining.

The answer to both questions is Yes. Also, a lot of half truths can distort the real truth until someone looks behind the veil and figures it all out.

What exactly will be figured out is in the in the storytelling. ;)

I can say this, Calidora found out the whole truth. She would have been a great Anymta...

Softsubversion

Postby Softsubversion » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:10 pm

Couldn't figure out how to post for the Green Screen story where it was so I will post here.

Loved that twist at the end. Very clever stuff.

Also, whose idea was it to have Tor Johnson give that cameo? Lol. Funny. Inspector Clay lives!!

dumbtime

Postby dumbtime » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:32 pm

Softsubversion wrote:Couldn't figure out how to post for the Green Screen story where it was so I will post here.

Also, whose idea was it to have Tor Johnson give that cameo? Lol. Funny. Inspector Clay lives!!

Thanks!!

Macrolass found that still of that old movie. We were going to use other images but were worried about copyright issues. That movie is public domain. The Gold American Amabot was for those other stills so were just inserted her in that one.

MacroLass

Postby MacroLass » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:25 am

Softsubversion wrote:Couldn't figure out how to post for the Green Screen story where it was so I will post here.

We generally announce each story twice in the forums here, once in the MetrobayComix.com section which is admin locked (so that no one besides the staff here can post to it, to keep spammers from messing with them) and once to its own section heading in the Story Discussions section for readers to be able to reply with reactions. If you come to an announcement that you CAN'T reply to, try looking for a similarly titled message using the New posts button at the top of the page.

Thank you. At the risk of being immodest, I was rather proud of the twist. Of course there's other stuff in the future that this story is setting up, both for me and Dumbtime as well as a lot of injokes that people might never get. We're glad it amused you.

As DT mentions above, it was my idea. Plan Nine is a hard movie for me to watch, I'm always falling asleep in the middle of it! If you're curious, this was the original image:

The hardest part was finding a picture in portrait mode that would simulate a comic book cover well.

Softsubversion

Postby Softsubversion » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:29 pm

Macrolass,

You should be proud of that twist. It was so very clever and unexpected, like something you find out at the end of a sneaky well written movie that you just didn't see coming. It really made that story exceptional.

I will attempt to follow your instructions in the future but can't make any promises, lol.

I understand you falling asleep during Plan 9. Ed Wood had that effect on many people. It would probably be best to watch that movie high to get the most from it even though I did it straight.

Return to “Amazon Redemption”