"Caught in the Headlights" #23

Story by Doctor Robo, art by MCtek and Finister Foul, postwork by Trishbot.
Doctor Robo

"Caught in the Headlights" #23

Postby Doctor Robo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:39 pm

Hey Metrobay fans! Chapter 23 of "Caught in the Headlights" has been posted to the members gallery of MetrobayComix.com, and you can read it right now!

Alpha Woman decides to cut right to the chase and probe Officer Becky's mind to find out what Cyberstar has been up to...

Link to members gallery: http://metrobaycomix.com/members/gal/in ... dlights-23

lods

Re: "Caught in the Headlights" #23

Postby lods » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:34 pm

Think Ted should have put on a tacky fake mustache.

I do hope we get to see more of Becky, I assume Belinda is going to get her hands on her.

jabbers

Postby jabbers » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:22 pm

I thought the way Alpha resolved the Becky situation was good. I'm not sure why the guys need to go undercover too if PP already has ready access to the club and can investigate on her own. (It's also not clear to me why PP is worried about Ted blowing their cover. Does the entire Squad know her identity?)

ajiehb

Postby ajiehb » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:29 am

It's also not clear to me why PP is worried about Ted blowing their cover. Does the entire Squad know her identity?

She is using her ROPE identity and Ted isn't supposed to show that he knows her. They are from different worlds. Kaitlin is ROPE elite and Ted is helping superheroines though once he was a bad guy.

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:39 am

lods wrote:Think Ted should have put on a tacky fake mustache.

I do hope we get to see more of Becky, I assume Belinda is going to get her hands on her.

We thought about dressing Ted and Gilbert up in goofy costumes, but we figured it wasn't necessary since Vic hasn't met either of them before.

There's a chance Becky could show up in a future story. That's all I'm going to say for the time being...

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:41 am

jabbers wrote:I thought the way Alpha resolved the Becky situation was good. I'm not sure why the guys need to go undercover too if PP already has ready access to the club and can investigate on her own. (It's also not clear to me why PP is worried about Ted blowing their cover. Does the entire Squad know her identity?)

Thanks! PP doesn't have the technical know-how to shut down or deprogram the waitresses, so Ted and Gilbert volunteered to lend their expertise.

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:42 am

ajiehb wrote:
It's also not clear to me why PP is worried about Ted blowing their cover. Does the entire Squad know her identity?

She is using her ROPE identity and Ted isn't supposed to show that he knows her. They are from different worlds. Kaitlin is ROPE elite and Ted is helping superheroines though once he was a bad guy.

Right. Kaitlin's civilian ID is known to a few members of the Squad, but is not widely public. Hence her concern over having their cover blown.

lods

Postby lods » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:28 am

Doctor Robo wrote:
lods wrote:Think Ted should have put on a tacky fake mustache.

We thought about dressing Ted and Gilbert up in goofy costumes, but we figured it wasn't necessary since Vic hasn't met either of them before.

There's a chance Becky could show up in a future story. That's all I'm going to say for the time being...

Whenever PP is in a comic I kind of just instinctively get ready for silly camp. It is never about it being necessary. :lol:

Return to “Caught in the Headlights”