"Caught in the Headlights" #25

Story by Doctor Robo, art by MCtek and Finister Foul, postwork by Trishbot.
Doctor Robo

"Caught in the Headlights" #25

Postby Doctor Robo » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:59 pm

Hey Metrobay fans! We're back this week with chapter 25 of "Caught in the Headlights", and you can read it right now at MetrobayComix.com!

While Gilbert and Ted try not to blow their cover, they are compelled to watch MONA and Omegabot get it on for their amusement. How terrible! Meanwhile, Cyberstar gets down to the business of turning LISA into an obedient Headlights Hottie...

Link to members gallery: http://metrobaycomix.com/members/gal/in ... dlights-25

lods

Re: "Caught in the Headlights" #25

Postby lods » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:07 pm

Figures Ted and Gilbert would be useless while LISA is in trouble. :roll:

LISA needs to talk to Mechana when she gets back about how to stand up to people.

ajiehb

Postby ajiehb » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:55 pm

After seeing new cover I'm very worried about LISA fate... Though I thought she will give more resistance to Cyber Star. But I guess her protocols don't allow her to harm any human even if it's a villain.

cyberbobmkii

Postby cyberbobmkii » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:04 pm

So full disclosure, I haven't really been following this story very close. I basicly just skim through each issue to see anything catches my interest. In this issue however one page really struck a cord with me. Namely page 7. Wherein Ted and Gil imagin Brown Sugar and Omega Woman instead of MONA and Omegabot. And that's when it hit me, why isn't this Brown Sugur and Omega Woman? Why are we spending so much time on emotionless imitations when we could just use the real deal. I mean, even the characters themselfs seem to think that that would be a better idea.

FinisterFoul

Postby FinisterFoul » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:20 pm

Thanks Cyberbobmkii !

Some fans like the gynoid bots. We try to mix things up. Thanks for your feedback.

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:15 am

lods wrote:Figures Ted and Gilbert would be useless while LISA is in trouble. :roll:

LISA needs to talk to Mechana when she gets back about how to stand up to people.

It seems to me that whenever LISA and Mechana get together they don't spend a lot of time talking... ;)

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:15 am

ajiehb wrote:After seeing new cover I'm very worried about LISA fate... Though I thought she will give more resistance to Cyber Star. But I guess her protocols don't allow her to harm any human even if it's a villain.

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions. There is still plenty of story left to tell!

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:17 am

cyberbobmkii wrote:So full disclosure, I haven't really been following this story very close. I basicly just skim through each issue to see anything catches my interest. In this issue however one page really struck a cord with me. Namely page 7. Wherein Ted and Gil imagin Brown Sugar and Omega Woman instead of MONA and Omegabot. And that's when it hit me, why isn't this Brown Sugur and Omega Woman? Why are we spending so much time on emotionless imitations when we could just use the real deal. I mean, even the characters themselfs seem to think that that would be a better idea.

If you recall from "Penny for her Thoughts", Brown Sugar *was* a Headlights Hottie. Unfortunately that didn't work out well long-term for Vic, so he decided to try a different option.

cyberbobmkii

Postby cyberbobmkii » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:34 pm

Doctor Robo wrote:
cyberbobmkii wrote:If you recall from "Penny for her Thoughts", Brown Sugar *was* a Headlights Hottie. Unfortunately that didn't work out well long-term for Vic, so he decided to try a different option.

After rereading my post, I don't think I accurately conveyed my real issue. I understand why the gynoids are being focussed on in this story, what I don't get is why we should care. While LISA has devloped enough of a peronality for the audiance to have some investment in, MONA, Omegabot and most of the others don't have any real personality even when they aren't under the control of the bad guys. And when they're with the good guys, they're basically used as sex toys anyway. So we have the situation were "Ted and Jay need to save the gynoids from beinging used as sex bots, so that hey can go back to being used as sex bots". Dosen't really feel like a whole lot is at stake here. And if Ted and Jay want them back so much, couldn't the just make new ones?

As an aside, I do remember "Penny for her Thoughts", I greatly enjoyed it and was one of the stories that got me into Metrobay.

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:32 am

cyberbobmkii wrote:After rereading my post, I don't think I accurately conveyed my real issue. I understand why the gynoids are being focussed on in this story, what I don't get is why we should care. While LISA has devloped enough of a peronality for the audiance to have some investment in, MONA, Omegabot and most of the others don't have any real personality even when they aren't under the control of the bad guys. And when they're with the good guys, they're basically used as sex toys anyway. So we have the situation were "Ted and Jay need to save the gynoids from beinging used as sex bots, so that hey can go back to being used as sex bots". Dosen't really feel like a whole lot is at stake here. And if Ted and Jay want them back so much, couldn't the just make new ones?

As an aside, I do remember "Penny for her Thoughts", I greatly enjoyed it and was one of the stories that got me into Metrobay.

Thanks! That's very nice to hear.

I see your point. My thinking is that even if MONA and Omegabot don't have quite as well developed personalities as LISA, they are still characters that Ted and Gilbert don't necessarily want to see defiled by Vic and his ROPE cohorts.

Ted and Gilbert have done some shady things in their pasts, and they see this as a way to pitch in and make a positive contribution to the Superheroine Squad. Perhaps i could have explained that better over the course of the story.

lods

Postby lods » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:15 pm

Doctor Robo wrote:
lods wrote:Figures Ted and Gilbert would be useless while LISA is in trouble. :roll:

It seems to me that whenever LISA and Mechana get together they don't spend a lot of time talking... ;)

Well then Mechana should write her a book or a program to download. lol

Return to “Caught in the Headlights”