"Enchantress - The Wand" #17 (epilogue)

Story and art by Tecknophyle.
Doctor Robo

"Enchantress - The Wand" #17 (epilogue)

Postby Doctor Robo » Sat May 13, 2017 10:58 pm

Hey Metrobay fans! Tecknophyle is back with chapter 17 of "The Wand", and you can read it right now at MetrobayComix.com!

The Wand has come back to its rightful owner, but not every story ends without repercussions. What will they be and what impact will the events have on the future of Metrobay?

Link to members gallery: http://metrobaycomix.com/members/gal/in ... he-Wand-17

slyspeaker

Re: "Enchantress - The Wand" #17 (epilogue)

Postby slyspeaker » Sat May 13, 2017 11:42 pm

Really enjoyed this ride over the last year and felt it had a nice solid ending. I am a little confused about the overall timeframe. Is this before or after the orignal sentius storyline or is it a small setup for the ongoing drone agenda saga.

Also looking forward to seeing more of the secret sisterhood. Brainwashed latex nuns hit all sorts of buttons for me and hopefully we'll get to see them in the next storyline or two. :D

All in all I loved every bit of it. The dialogue as usual is amazing and a joy to read. The mc fun was drawn out a lot more as well and I really enjoyed seeing everyone get taken over. The last half really hit the mark on that and seeing his control expand to the entire town was really well done. Though I do wish we could have seen him doing more taking and converting of the squad HQ. Those new cops looked fun and it would have been great seeing him enslaving and converting them as well.

Can't wait to see what comes next!

Tecknophyle

Postby Tecknophyle » Sun May 14, 2017 12:09 am

Just to clear up any confusion, this story takes place after Sentius's first defeat, when his remains were recovered by APEX Labs, and sometime before he reappeared in his robot form in "Superheroine Squad".

This is why many established characters did not appear in the story. At the time of the story, Omega Woman is still in stasis, Valiant Woman hasn't yet returned to Metrobay, Hypnotica doesn't yet exist, et cetera and so on.

lods

Postby lods » Sun May 14, 2017 3:11 am

I'm figuring the Secrete Sisterhood is not PUSSY nor that cult run by SinisterMinister but am double checking (lots of secret cults running around Metrobay, apparently).

Nice wrap up to help explain at least the superficial level what is going on between Enchantress and Alpha Woman (Alpha Woman almost seems a bit bipolar lately where she swings between her old crappy leader self and the new attempting to be responsible leader later in the timeline).

Hope your next story starts up soon.

lordsomno

Postby lordsomno » Sun May 14, 2017 8:03 am

I like the references to Beauty and the b--st, and hope we see more of that soon.

DrDevious

Postby DrDevious » Sun May 14, 2017 9:44 am

slyspeaker wrote:Also looking forward to seeing more of the secret sisterhood. Brainwashed latex nuns hit all sorts of buttons for me and hopefully we'll get to see them in the next storyline or two. :D

Can't wait to see what comes next!

The latex nuns ticked a lot of boxes for me as well and it seems like they're recruiting. Hopefully they'll show up again in a future story. :mrgreen:

Tecknophyle

Postby Tecknophyle » Sun May 14, 2017 12:33 pm

lordsomno wrote:I like the references to Beauty and the b--st, and hope we see more of that soon.

...? What references were those?

lods

Postby lods » Sun May 14, 2017 1:55 pm

It was that scene where Milly teamed up with a time traveling Super Freak to help Mike and JT escape by using talking cutlery. :?:

seg

Postby seg » Sun May 14, 2017 9:30 pm

So that wrapped up without incident, I guess. Huckleby arrested in a headline ticker. True, it was more tidy than seeing him stuffed into a police car, but I really didn't expect things to jump forward three days like that.
Enchantress must have been beyond pissed off with the wand stealer, but somehow able to show enough restraint with the reclaimed wand, in order to act like a hero, rather than the villainess she once was, and hand him over to the authorities without f-ing him up first.

slyspeaker

Postby slyspeaker » Sun May 14, 2017 10:27 pm

seg wrote:So that wrapped up without incident, I guess. Huckleby arrested in a headline ticker. True, it was more tidy than seeing him stuffed into a police car, but I really didn't expect things to jump forward three days like that.
Enchantress must have been beyond pissed off with the wand stealer, but somehow able to show enough restraint with the reclaimed wand, in order to act like a hero, rather than the villainess she once was, and hand him over to the authorities without f-ing him up first.

Maybe she changed his orientation and made him a bottom? That or she cursed him to have acid pee. You know, something subtle. :P

mns_95125

Postby mns_95125 » Sun May 14, 2017 10:56 pm

slyspeaker wrote:Maybe she changed his orientation and made him a bottom?

Possible. He was already an ass.

Tecknophyle

Postby Tecknophyle » Mon May 15, 2017 1:51 am

Just so people are aware, there will be a one issue special called "The Wand: Aftermath" that will be coming out in two weeks. Thus far, everyone has been incorrect in assuming they know what happened to Clarence Huckleby and his ultimate fate. Muwahahaha.

ajiehb

Postby ajiehb » Mon May 15, 2017 7:06 am

I think you don't remember now but after first chapter of this story I've asked you a question about Black Hat and Avia Cloak. You suggested me to wait till next chapters. Could you please next time just say no instead of giving false hope?

Tecknophyle

Postby Tecknophyle » Mon May 15, 2017 9:24 am

ajiehb wrote:I think you don't remember now but after first chapter of this story I've asked you a question about Black Hat and Avia Cloak. You suggested me to wait till next chapters. Could you please next time just say no instead of giving false hope?

No false hope. I did, in fact, give the origin of the Black Hat and the Cloak back in issue 8 and their connection to the wand.

ajiehb

Postby ajiehb » Mon May 15, 2017 4:23 pm

Tecknophyle wrote:
ajiehb wrote:I think you don't remember now but after first chapter of this story I've asked you a question about Black Hat and Avia Cloak. You suggested me to wait till next chapters. Could you please next time just say no instead of giving false hope?

No false hope. I did, in fact, give the origin of the Black Hat and the Cloak back in issue 8 and their connection to the wand.

OK, so be it, I won't argue.

jabbers

Postby jabbers » Tue May 16, 2017 7:25 pm

This was an awesome story and I really enjoyed it! Congratulations! I appreciated the way you linked this story in with the setup for the other stories.

The Secret Sisterhood is definitely some nice fodder for future adventures, it seems sort of like a twisted Brotherhood of Shadows. I fear Huckleby is not as interesting a character so the Sisterhood being firmly devoted to him rather than a larger ideal feels a bit limiting in where and how they make any future appearances. I am a bit confused why the magic that influenced them to begin with wasn't reversed though. I'm also not sure if I'm supposed to recognize their first convert but the chair she was sitting in looked familiar. Is that meant to be a hint?

I'm curious what became of Green Guardian's date with the professor. Was she the one in the chair?

Will we see the elf priestess again?

Anyway, this story was a lot of fun and it a did a great job of adding some rich elements to the universe which merit some further exploration.

lods wrote:Nice wrap up to help explain at least the superficial level what is going on between Enchantress and Alpha Woman (Alpha Woman almost seems a bit bipolar lately where she swings between her old crappy leader self and the new attempting to be responsible leader later in the timeline).

Yeah, I've noticed Alpha's temperament shifting not just in this story but others and I don't know that it has felt correct for her character. I understand that she's got some inner angst she deals with but she always struck me as the type to conceal her emotions in order to be perceived as a sturdy leader and meet the expectations that she thinks others have of her. Especially given her powers, I'd expect her to see the good in people where others might still be suspicious, so in some ways, I'd almost expect her to be more welcoming? I get that this is a bit of a Cyclops v. Wolverine angle though.

lods

Postby lods » Tue May 16, 2017 9:24 pm

Well do remember that these stories take place over a rather long period of time. For instance, the Alpha Woman in Past Mistakes was even more of a jerk compared to the stories that take place more in the future such as in Physique when she is partnered with Hypnotica that seem to have her more even headed relatively speaking (outside of the angst with Valiant Grrl).

I was more commenting on how there were several stories running with her in it at different parts in the timeline so she comes across as somewhat unstable if you just interpreted it as all happening at the same time. (Especially since most of the characters are much more static.)

The main thing, I guess, is I'm not sure why she is evolving over time outside of the events from Past Mistakes where she decided to grow up (I think this might be because I think there was a rather considerable time jump between when she is controlled by Belinda and the events of Physique).

And I was a bit sad too that we didn't see that date that was teased on the deviantart page.

Tecknophyle

Postby Tecknophyle » Wed May 17, 2017 2:57 am

jabbers wrote:I am a bit confused why the magic that influenced them to begin with wasn't reversed though.

Because when Huckleby was defeated, they went into hiding. Enchantress and Spellweaver never found them to reverse the changes.

jabbers wrote:I'm also not sure if I'm supposed to recognize their first convert but the chair she was sitting in looked familiar. Is that meant to be a hint?

No, she's just a random extra so Mistress Superior could do a Villain Rant. The chair was the tech Huckleby was seen using before he stole the wand.

jabbers wrote:I'm curious what became of Green Guardian's date with the professor. Was she the one in the chair?

Nope.

jabbers wrote:Will we see the elf priestess again?

Eventually.

jabbers wrote:Yeah, I've noticed Alpha's temperament shifting not just in this story but others and I don't know that it has felt correct for her character. I understand that she's got some inner angst she deals with but she always struck me as the type to conceal her emotions in order to be perceived as a sturdy leader and meet the expectations that she thinks others have of her. Especially given her powers, I'd expect her to see the good in people where others might still be suspicious, so in some ways, I'd almost expect her to be more welcoming? I get that this is a bit of a Cyclops v. Wolverine angle though.

You have to remember the story is told mainly from Enchantress's point of view; she's the only one who's internal thoughts you can read. And since it's from her point of view, how Alpha Woman is perceived is biased. The scenes with Tina acting like a jerkass are the scenes where she's either interacting with Ylarra or Ylarra is observing her, and it's been established since before I started writing them that they don't like each other. It's a simple narrative trick.

lods wrote:And I was a bit sad too that we didn't see that date that was teased on the deviantart page.

I never said that would happen in this story. In fact, the story of Vesa and Beate's first official date will begin on June 10th.

lods

Postby lods » Wed May 17, 2017 7:06 pm

I've actually been assuming for a while it was just a one off what if type scene and not necessarily going to show up ever. :lol:

lordsomno

Postby lordsomno » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:58 pm

Tecknophyle wrote:
lordsomno wrote:I like the references to Beauty and the b--st, and hope we see more of that soon.

...? What references were those?

The two women in the vault were the two mind controlled beauties from Beauty and the b--st.

Return to “Enchantress - The Wand”