The Doctor Is In - chapter 6 (finale)

Written by Doctor Robo, illustrated by Finister Foul, postworked by Trishbot.
Doctor Robo

The Doctor Is In - chapter 6 (finale)

Postby Doctor Robo » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:15 pm

Hi Metrobay fans! Your old pals Doc Robo, Fin Foul and Trishbot present to you the sixth and final chapter of "The Doctor Is In", exclusively here at MetrobayComix.com!

It appears that Dr. Twisted is back and as deliciously bad as ever. He somehow captured Omega Woman and made an obedient robot that looks just like her. He managed to capture Ms. Metrobay and turn HER into a mindless slave. But what happens when Ted is stalked by a foe that he isn't even aware of, let alone able to fight?

http://metrobaycomix.com

Please wait a couple of days before giving away any of the ending. I want everyone to have a chance to read it spoiler-free first before discussing it in these forums. Thanks!

- Doc

Hector6

Re: The Doctor Is In - chapter 6 (finale)

Postby Hector6 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:35 pm

Dear Robo, Finister and Trishbot:

Congratulations, this was a great story and even when we cannot actually discuss the ending, it had certainly surprises and things that I hope you will explore further!

I loved it!

Happenstance

Postby Happenstance » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:15 am

I don't want to spoil the ending, but regardless of the details, I hope ms metrobay gets inspired to adopt the silver/chrome costume for a while. I defiantly think it makes her look mor majestic and powerful. I think that's the best she's looked yet!

ajiehb

Postby ajiehb » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:37 pm

So, everyone have read this chapter ? Can we now talk about it :)

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:20 pm

ajiehb wrote:So, everyone have read this chapter ? Can we now talk about it :)

I think four days is plenty of time to remain spoiler-free. Thanks everyone for the courtesy to your fellow members.

Discuss away!

- Doc

Dawgy

Postby Dawgy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:11 pm

Considering this forum pops up when the story does, I figure there isn't much of a reason to not talk about it.

Ted and Belinda having thoughts of each other, Ms. Metrobay and Ted having dreams of each other. That could lead to some delightfully twisted Good vs Evil stories and sexy scenarios in the future

abc

Postby abc » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:14 am

I can't imagine LISA would take it very well if Ted's interest moved on to someone else. She exists to make him happy (from her point of view). So if he was going to be happier with someone else (who I imagine wouldn't be too comfortable with his former lover living in the bedroom closet) then she'd either let him go or start applying some of that darned machine logic to solving the dilemma in her own unique way.

If Excitemare is tapping into the dreams of the good guys she could be a pretty powerful adversary. Some of those superheroines have pretty interesting fantasies. Imagine what she'd find in Pink Pussycat's head! :twisted:

Hector6

Postby Hector6 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:26 pm

@Dawgy: You’re right! The relationship between Belinda  Ted  Miss Metrobay is one of those storylines they had to explore in the future!

@ abc: You nailed it! What would LISA do if Ted wants Miss Metrobay or, more probably, Belinda? And LISA’s point of view is still something to discuss.

Lets see: LISA is an artificial intelligence new to the world. Her concepts of “happiness” and “Love” are very alien to us, so if she really wants to make Ted happy, that could be hilarious or pretty scary for him.

Anyway, I loved Ted and Lisa scenes, and the ending was surprising to say the least, so I have some questions:

1. Does LISA really “lives” on Ted’s closet?
2. What is Excitemare’s real size? Is she a fairy or an human?
3. What is Excitermare backstory?

Great work!

ajiehb

Postby ajiehb » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:06 pm

Hmm... By the way it's very interesting question about LISA point of view. I think she can't hurt Ted it's like main law, even if he will pay less attention to her she will just try harder to make him happier. So for Ted there is no worries. But she can hurt person who will try to hurt Ted like Mechana dose with Gothikka. So her target could be Belinda or Ms Metrobay. Still I don't know if she can be jealous, but if Mechana can feel love to Silver Satin why Robo-Woman's can't be jealous =) Only Dr. Robo knows the truth ^_^

Indday60

Postby Indday60 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:42 pm

I think that this new character will open up some interesting new possibilities for stories if she can influence their dreams. :twisted: If both of them had the same dream, I'm assuming she can do that.
And I think Lisa would definitely try to keep Ted happy

Really liked the story and Ms Metrobay's new look. :D , and great artwork as always.

leto17

Postby leto17 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:50 pm

Good show!

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:25 pm

I'm intrigued that many of you are as concerned with LISA's possible reaction to competition for her 'man' as you are with the new villainess or her effects on Ted and Kelly.

Which part of the story did you all find most interesting and worthy of further exploration?

- Doc

leto17

Postby leto17 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:34 pm

Hasn't anyone ever heard of an open marriage;)?

Personally, I do NOT think she would be jealous UNLESS Ted were to abandon and give up sex with her. Otherwise, I think she would view the addition of additional sexual partners, such as Belinda, as perfectly fine and a new opportunity for expressing her programming unless Ted and the other partner wanted to maintain a monogamous relationship (which I highly doubt very much given the personality of actors such as Ted and Belinda).

Hector6

Postby Hector6 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:46 pm

Hey doctor Robo:

Well, I am intrigued for Excitemare backstory and powers. Can she manipulate his “victims” emotions? Only amplify the emotions they have? Plant thoughts in other’s minds?

Then, LISA is an intelligent AI, but she was created only months ago, and I don’t think she can understand emotions like love, jealously, hate. What would be her reaction learning about Ted obsession with Belinda, the woman that treated him like crap?
And yet, I think that the development of an AI have a lot of surprises even for the creators: LISA is trying to learn, and doing a lot of things that humans would call morally ambiguous, but robots simply don’t understand. Sentius was capable of corruption. Mechana is capable of independent thoughts (that seems to me the most shocking development, Belinda must been much more worried about this than anything, I think). So I think the idea of what an AI could do in Metrobay Universe is a great theme.

My favorite part whas how Excitemare managed to corrupt Ted again... was she playing with his true emotions? Ms. Metrobay wants a master was another good thing.

Also, how to manipulate the unconscious mind, and I must asks again those questions:

Does LISA really “lives” on Ted’s closet?

ajiehb

Postby ajiehb » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:23 am

@Doctor Robo Ha ha ) Sometimes people can surprise even author of the story, huh ? I would like to investigate both situation though it seems they could be interrelated. We where discussing LISA because we know her for some time and new villainess is completely mystery for me. Yeah, I know she can manipulate her victims dreams but why she is doing that and why with Ted and Ms. Metrobay. I look forward to future story to learn her intentions and her background story. She has very interesting ability but I think it will be not so powerful when superheroines will learn about her. For now they are thinking that it their own
dreams and desires and it could make dramatic consequences. And even if they will learn about her power it would be like "oh god was it my own dream or it was Excitemare power". :twisted:

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:45 am

Hector6 wrote:Does LISA really “lives” on Ted’s closet?

Sorry Hector, I guess I missed your questions earlier. I wouldn't say LISA 'lives' in Ted's closet, but he does have a recharging station there so she can be with him at night. She also spends a fair amount of time in Marcy's crime lab, mostly because Ted does a lot of his work there too.

Excitemare is definitely a regular-sized person, although that doesn't mean she can't use her magic to change sizes if she needs to. We'll just have to see how that plays out.

- Doc

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:49 am

ajiehb wrote:@Doctor Robo Ha ha ) Sometimes people can surprise even author of the story, huh ? I would like to investigate both situation though it seems they could be interrelated. We where discussing LISA because we know her for some time and new villainess is completely mystery for me. Yeah, I know she can manipulate her victims dreams but why she is doing that and why with Ted and Ms. Metrobay. I look forward to future story to learn her intentions and her background story. She has very interesting ability but I think it will be not so powerful when superheroines will learn about her. For now they are thinking that it their own
dreams and desires and it could make dramatic consequences. And even if they will learn about her power it would be like "oh god was it my own dream or it was Excitemare power". :twisted:

One of the most enjoyable parts of my job is reading the comments of our members. It's nice to know that you all care enough about our stories to tell us what you think of them - for better or worse. And yes, occasionally I do get surprised by what you all are thinking, or how you think a story will turn out. I guess that helps to keep me on my toes. :)

- Doc

abc

Postby abc » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:17 am

I think it was partly because we were aware that a Ted & Belinda story was on its way at the time that some of us looked at this story from a slightly different angle. With Ted assessing his old life, maybe he was reassessing his new one (in his subconscious). Especially when he wakes up and seems mildly disconcerted by LISA saying that he loves her because he's in total control. Maybe that was what he needed when he first switched sides (with most people not certain they could trust him), but he could be starting to want different things.

On the other hand, as his dream was of him enslaving all over the place, he may not be all that interested in a more equal relationship and was just enjoying fantasies of things he wouldn't do in life as he slept. With the help of Excitemare!

@leto17 I agree that as long as any new woman in Ted's life was happy to have LISA as well, then they'd all get on just fine. And Belinda would probably enjoy LISA as much as Ted does! But if it were a superheroine like Miss Metrobay, he'd probably have to choose.

Of course, if he did dump LISA she may not react badly. She might realise that he wanted a more independent minded woman, try become that for him and maybe even realise that once she'd changed she didn't really need him like she did before.

It's fun to speculate!

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:24 pm

abc wrote:It's fun to speculate!

It sure is. One of my favorite parts of the feedback process is watching you all try to guess what will happen next!

- Doc

Ghosthand

Postby Ghosthand » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:11 am

I think we already have a good idea what LISA's reaction would be to Ted's fantasies about Miss Metrobay. I look at LISA as a kinda 'child of the 60's', free love and all that. I think she would be more than happy to share Ted with Miss Metrobot and would eagerly help turn her into her robotic fantasy! Also, from her behavior in The Lonly Man she might even go for some wife swapping :) I was thrilled to see the costumes they had all chose for halloween in Voltara's Curse. I love Miss Metrobay in her Miss Metrobot wig, wonder if she is thinking of changing her hairstlye :) I think there is a lot of kinky story telling to come with this group.

As for the new villianess, I'm still wondering what her angle is. Does the fantasies she brings to the surface begin to affect the heroines in real life? Does she pull them into a fantasy world and trap them there? Have to wait and see on this before I can comment more on it.

All in all it was a great story. Keep up the awesome work!

Return to “The Doctor Is In”