"Caught in the Headlights" #26

Story by Doctor Robo, art by MCtek and Finister Foul, postwork by Trishbot.
Doctor Robo

"Caught in the Headlights" #26

Postby Doctor Robo » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:21 am

Hey Metrobay fans! We're back this week with another robo-riffic chapter of "Caught in the Headlights", and you can read it right now in the members gallery of MetrobayComix.com!

While Ted and Gilbert figure out how to sneak out of the VIP lounge, Cyberstar has LISA in her clutches and is trying to crack the buxom bot's brain in order to turn her into a Headlights Hottie. LISA doesn't plan on taking this mental invasion lying down - but will she have a choice...?

Link to members gallery: http://metrobaycomix.com/members/gal/in ... dlights-26

lods

Re: "Caught in the Headlights" #26

Postby lods » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:28 pm

Nice that LISA tried. She needs to maybe decouple her firewall from that particular weakness at some point. ;)

jabbers

Postby jabbers » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:44 am

I strongly agree with cyberbobmkii's points in the last chapter's thread. I haven't been invested in this story as it has progressed and I agree that it has to do with the stakes. By their robotic nature, these bots lack personality and simply follow directives. I'd argue they are more props or plot devices than they are characters, and they get treated as such more often than not. These creations are a dime a dozen, often very similar in appearance and without much else to differentiate themselves.

To be fair, LISA had a brief but interesting moment in this chapter, though it's hard to say if this was meant as foreshadowing or if it was only to slightly vary this repetition of the process. For now, I'll keep skimming.

lods

Postby lods » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:17 pm

Yeah, that was kind of my sentiment when Galatea was basically reprogrammed instantly and no one seemed to care that she disappeared. There was no fallout from that and she was the one with the most personality (imo) of that model of doll. The story is a bit too by the numbers.

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:42 am

Hey Lods and Jabbers,

You both make some good points about this story. I realize that not everyone shares my affinity for our robotic characters, and therefore won't be as interested in this story as I would like. And that's ok. That's why we have several writers and artists on staff, to hopefully offer a variety of stories in case one (or more) of them doesn't pique your interest.

in retrospect, "Caught in the Headlights" might have had more impact if the Hotties were human instead of robots. I was trying to avoid rehashing the first two stories in this series by trying something a bit different. Maybe it worked and maybe it didn't, but I can certainly take this as a learning experience when planning new storylines moving forward.

- Doc

lods

Postby lods » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:54 am

No problem. I get that it was aimed more toward the robot side than the converted side. I think I was just sad that there was an opportunity to show off Galatea more but she got sidelined by the next part for the next doll. So it wasn't that I didn't have your affinity, more that I'm impatient for more stories with the new Galatea. :geek:

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:08 am

lods wrote:No problem. I get that it was aimed more toward the robot side than the converted side. I think I was just sad that there was an opportunity to show off Galatea more but she got sidelined by the next part for the next doll. So it wasn't that I didn't have your affinity, more that I'm impatient for more stories with the new Galatea. :geek:

That's a fair criticism. I certainly could have done more with Galatea.

- Doc

Return to “Caught in the Headlights”