"Making Friends" #28

Story by Doctor Robo, art by WikkidLester.
Doctor Robo

"Making Friends" #28

Postby Doctor Robo » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:17 pm

Hey Metrobay fans! WikkidLester and Doctor Robo are back this week with chapter 28 of "Making Friends", and you can read it right now in the NEW members gallery here at MetrobayComix.com!

Jill and Tim's plot to sneak into the sorority house and retrieve some of Jill's belongings hit a snag in the form of Kelsey, Jill's erstwhile sorority sister and overall pain in the ass. Tim had a backup plan should such a situation arise... but NOT what do they do?

Link to members gallery: http://www.metrobaycomix.com/members/ne ... egory/1265

ajiehb

Re: "Making Friends" #28

Postby ajiehb » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:32 am

Ugh... This ending is killing me :( How long we need to wait till next update?))

lods

Postby lods » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:20 pm

Yeah, feels a bit like Dragonball where they're charging up their spirit bomb for a full season before unleashing it. But hey, she is in the machine now. They just need to boot it up, get some coffee, maybe watch some netflix, try out a few more outfits... ;) Also, I seriously hope this site is done with basements for a while after this series is done. :lol: The banter was good this issue.

jabbers

Postby jabbers » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:52 am

I agree with Jill, I like Kelsey's style. I also agree that the banter was good. It's hard to say whether she is just manipulating him or what but it makes for an interesting dynamic.

Overall, I haven't found this story to be particularly intriguing or exciting so I can see how it feels plodding. If I had to guess, I don't think we're approaching the conclusion just yet. Since next is the inevitable TF/MC followed by the requisite demo session, I'd estimate at least a couple more chapters. Then, bolstered by their success, the pair go after the other two so I'd guess three or four more chapters to repeat the same process. Double that if they go after them individually. Then maybe a final chapter to wrap things up. I'm still hoping for some surprises but if the story sticks to the formula, there's still more of it to come. Of course, that's also assuming there isn't another robot shopping interlude. ;)

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:59 am

ajiehb wrote:Ugh... This ending is killing me :( How long we need to wait till next update?))

Not too long! :D

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:00 am

lods wrote:Yeah, feels a bit like Dragonball where they're charging up their spirit bomb for a full season before unleashing it. But hey, she is in the machine now. They just need to boot it up, get some coffee, maybe watch some netflix, try out a few more outfits... ;) Also, I seriously hope this site is done with basements for a while after this series is done. :lol: The banter was good this issue.

Thanks! Yeah, it was a coincidence that we used a basement workshop in two stories at the same time. Well, three if you count Gilbert's toy shop. I guess attic space is at a premium in Metrobay... ;)

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:03 am

jabbers wrote:I agree with Jill, I like Kelsey's style. I also agree that the banter was good. It's hard to say whether she is just manipulating him or what but it makes for an interesting dynamic.

Overall, I haven't found this story to be particularly intriguing or exciting so I can see how it feels plodding. If I had to guess, I don't think we're approaching the conclusion just yet. Since next is the inevitable TF/MC followed by the requisite demo session, I'd estimate at least a couple more chapters. Then, bolstered by their success, the pair go after the other two so I'd guess three or four more chapters to repeat the same process. Double that if they go after them individually. Then maybe a final chapter to wrap things up. I'm still hoping for some surprises but if the story sticks to the formula, there's still more of it to come. Of course, that's also assuming there isn't another robot shopping interlude. ;)

I understand that the story can feel like it slows down at times. Occasionally we need to grind it out a bit so we can do some character-building. However, I can say we're definitely picking up momentum now. I hope you'll enjoy the next couple of chapters.

lods

Postby lods » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:36 pm

Doctor Robo wrote:
lods wrote:Yeah, feels a bit like Dragonball where they're charging up their spirit bomb for a full season before unleashing it. But hey, she is in the machine now. They just need to boot it up, get some coffee, maybe watch some netflix, try out a few more outfits... ;) Also, I seriously hope this site is done with basements for a while after this series is done. :lol: The banter was good this issue.

Thanks! Yeah, it was a coincidence that we used a basement workshop in two stories at the same time. Well, three if you count Gilbert's toy shop. I guess attic space is at a premium in Metrobay... ;)

Hey now, don't forget all the attics from the past. There was the attic where Sandy, April, and Kat was converted. And while not a house attic, Professor Trance briefly used a garage attic for his antics. Wait... what if that means the control unit is banished to all the attics and that is why no one goes in attics anymore.

What I think you guys haven't done yet is a secret passage leading to a secret room. I can't think of any instances, at least.

Return to “Making Friends”