"Making Friends" #29

Story by Doctor Robo, art by WikkidLester.
Doctor Robo

"Making Friends" #29

Postby Doctor Robo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:33 pm

Hey Metrobay fans! WikkidLester and Doctor Robo are back this week with another chapter of "Making Friends", and you can read it right now in the new members gallery of MetrobayComix.com!

Jill and Tim have KO'd Kelsey and brought her back to Tim's basement workshop. But why? What do they have planned?

Link to new members gallery: http://www.metrobaycomix.com/members/ne ... tegory/727

seg

Re: "Making Friends" #29

Postby seg » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:46 pm

Well, everyone probably figured out what the machine was going to do next, but it's nice to finally have confirmation. ;)

lods

Postby lods » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:46 pm

Interesting that essentially the old Ringmistress style copy process is now more common (outside of the skin).

jabbers

Postby jabbers » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:17 am

I appreciate the pacing and structure of this chapter. By abbreviating the process itself, the mysterious result was gradually revealed in a dramatic fashion.

lods wrote:Interesting that essentially the old Ringmistress style copy process is now more common (outside of the skin).

I'm guessing it's also the remote operation seen elsewhere as well. I might be overlooking subtle differences between bot varieties, but it does seem like this technology is so commonplace that it makes me wonder why the Headlights folks bothered stealing bots instead of the equipment to build their own.

lods

Postby lods » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:13 am

I get the impression that Vic isn't exactly the most savvy person. I mean it apparently took him a while to realize he had Brown Sugar under his power the first time around and this idea was given to him by Alphonse who might take reclaiming the dolls he made as a sense of pride (and possibly can't ask for more of the tech again because the last doll maker he got was exploded by a malfunctioning doll). What is weird is how he forgot about Cyber Star when she was the one who upgraded the green tooth after he found out Brown Sugar was a hotty in Headlights Now Hiring (again, I'm just pretending this means he is really dense). Overall, the Headlights series tends to have plot holes best not think about too seriously.

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:05 pm

You have to remember that the duplication machine Cyberstar and A.C. Quire used to make their dolls exploded and was destroyed at the end of "An Acquired Taste". So, Vic didn't have the means to create brand new robot waitresses, even if he wanted to. So he decided to steal the existing ones and use them instead.

You're right, Vic isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer. That's why he hires or partners with individuals such as Cyberstar, Carla, or A.C. to help do the dirty work.

It stands to reason that several of these robotic characters share similar origins. Gilbert is basically the godfather of robotics in Metrobay, and many of the designs were either borrowed (or stolen) from him.

Return to “Making Friends”