Members update - Suffering Suffragettes part 6 !!

Story by MacroLass, art by Finister Foul.
FinisterFoul

Members update - Suffering Suffragettes part 6 !!

Postby FinisterFoul » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:00 am

Greetings all!!

In this epilogue to the much larger story of the Suffering Suffragettes (which MacroLass hopes to do some day), it seems like the Baronesse Franze von Einstein is going to get away scot free in the sexy body of Karen West aka the Calico Kitty with two brainwashed slaves and the Enthrallium Generator as her prizes. But there's still one final twist left to this macabre story...so please read the thrilling final chapter to our story in the Members' Gallery which can be found here:

http://www.metrobaycomix.com/members/ne ... egory/1219

Thanks for supporting MetrobayComix,com !!

seg

Re: Members update - Suffering Suffragettes part 6 !!

Postby seg » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:53 pm

So, no Puma in this one?

Also, what of Eyegore and Franklin Edison Steinbach?

I really look forward to more Suffering Suffragettes. Great setting and story!

bassrass1

Postby bassrass1 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:17 pm

Well I knew the reset button was going to be pushed on the heroine and for the story it made sense. I liked the reveal as to what Golem was talking to, it wasn’t just himself.
It’s a neat little tidy up ending.
So the villain got a permanent change, that was unexpected but it could have many amusing stories from here.

Love the setting of the old west. I hope there’s more in the future.

MacroLass

Postby MacroLass » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:27 am

seg wrote:So, no Puma in this one?

Also, what of Eyegore and Franklin Edison Steinbach?

I really look forward to more Suffering Suffragettes. Great setting and story!

Nope, no Puma, sorry. I decided it was best for the "tied to the traintracks" fans to imagine their own ending for her....

I thought that was Frodrick Frahnkensteen. Must have watched the wrong movie. ;)

I do hope to do another much larger scale story that this epilogue would be connected to, something along the lines of the Metrobay world version of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. But that's a long way off into the future I'm afraid.

bassrass1 wrote:Well I knew the reset button was going to be pushed on the heroine and for the story it made sense. I liked the reveal as to what Golem was talking to, it wasn’t just himself.
It’s a neat little tidy up ending.
So the villain got a permanent change, that was unexpected but it could have many amusing stories from here.

Love the setting of the old west. I hope there’s more in the future.

Thanks for the compliments.

For my money it's important for us to have a reliable stable of characters we can always fall back to to tell our stories. Yes it may be a "reset button" but it gives us continuity and characters that can be people's favorites as opposed to constantly introducing new characters no one knows as fodder for bad things to happen to. But that's just my opinion.

And yes, while Frank Einstein is an established character with some history behind him already, I wanted to do his origin story in a fashion that addressed some readers' concerns about there never being any permanent effects. The Baronesse Franze will never appear again (well, it's HIGHLY unlikely) as a female character except in the form of her genetically constructed progeny Emily Easton. What, you didn't notice that Franze and Emily were almost identical? Bwahahahaha! :twisted: Yes, there's definitely things that are going to happen there....

And see above for my Wild West future plans.

lods

Postby lods » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:49 am

I really appreciate how your stories find a little piece of the universe, fill it out, and leave us with one or two things to remember.

MacroLass

Postby MacroLass » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:32 pm

Thanks. I'm kinda into that, the lore and lesser known stories of a universe.

It's gratifying that most people are able to accept my take and not find too much to object to. :P

jabbers

Postby jabbers » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:05 am

I thought this was a pretty clever origin, certainly one that I wasn't expecting! (I figured relatives.) The way that it both resolves the heroine's situation in the story along with revealing a character origin was quite well crafted. Nicely done and great story! I hope you get to follow through with plans for the setting, hopefully someday sooner than later. The League premise sounds extremely promising.

cyberbobmkii

Postby cyberbobmkii » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:26 pm

MacroLass wrote:For my money it's important for us to have a reliable stable of characters we can always fall back to to tell our stories. Yes it may be a "reset button" but it gives us continuity and characters that can be people's favorites as opposed to constantly introducing new characters no one knows as fodder for bad things to happen to. But that's just my opinion.

I understand your reasoning, i'd wish however that you (and all the other writers) wouldn't be so quick to hit that "reset button". I'd personally like to see more changes/enslavement or whatever last across multiple stories. Too often it seems like the perils or changes in stories are resolved within the same stories. I'd be nice to see them continue on for a little while longer. Like, while I have a lot of issues with the Drone Agenda story-line, I do like how the enslavement in those stories aren't quickly undone at the end of the story and can be used later in other stories.

And on the subject having a stable of characters, Metrobay already has a bloated cast that is criminally underused. If some of these more reliable stable characters were to be temporally(sadly) taken out of commission, It give heroins like Flygirl, Diamond Frost, Knyght Fighter and other B-listers a chance in the spotlight.

I mean, when Superman died they didn't have him come back to life right away at the end of the story. They had several more stories in between his death and return. They showed how other characters reacted to his death, how Metropolis tried to adapt to a world without him. Other heroes like Superboy and Steel had to step up and try to fill the void left behind. Even though the readers all new that Sups would eventually come back to life, it was still fun to see all these different stories that came as a result of his death.

Metrobay could do the same thing, only instead of character death it can use character enslavement.

Return to “Suffering Suffragettes”