"Atlantis Reborn" #10

Story by MacroLass, art by Tecknophyle.
MacroLass

"Atlantis Reborn" #10

Postby MacroLass » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:32 am

Welcome loyal readers!

Today we present the latest chapter of Tecknophyle and MacroLass' collaboration, Atlantis Reborn!

As Doctor Id starts his "experiment" on Valor Girl, a mysterious intruder on New Atlantis makes her own plans. And in a very "like father, like daughter" vignette Shari fantasizes about about how things will go when SHE returns to the mainland to enforce the Queen's will!

And it can all be seen here in the Members' Gallery at Metrobay Comix!

lods

Re: "Atlantis Reborn" #10

Postby lods » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:34 am

Tell us how you really feel, Memetique...

If her little day-dream is any indication of her fantasies this is really interesting stuff (her personality seems to be mostly intact outside of her not seeing a problem with enslaving people now).

At the very least, she fancies blondes, doesn't like the current squad leadership structure (mooing Green Guardian), and/or has an unattainable crush on Goldwing. Super interesting that she seems to see Kitten as almost an equal. Are they best buds and we haven't seen that interaction (with non-mind-warped Memetique)? And cool to see Rebel Phase back even if she is effectively a mindless drone (she does make a good one, favorite is Zombot version so far).

Two questions, did the wand get changed too or is sometimes a dildo just a dildo? And what would she do to Spellweaver (leaning towards the Kitten treatment but could also see something more like Goldwing too)?

Softsubversion

Postby Softsubversion » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:03 pm

Another great chapter in such a terrific story. Well worth the wait.

Memetigue has some very vivid fantasies about what she sees coming. Wow, she is into it for sure.

And who is this strange woman on the island? She has some interesting attitudes. She dismisses the seemingly omnipotent Vizier who conquered all in his path as the petty evils of a small man playing with old magic, like he is fly to be swatted or even ignored. She also is not really interested in helping the entranced heroines. Kind of dismissing them as much as Vizier. Double wow.

And who is she talking to around the fire?

And what about poor Valor Girl? Vizier is taking her a step further. I asked a while back what exactly is that red box and what does it do. Well, we found out the Vizier isn't even sure of that but he's going to experiment with Sulia to find out more. Whats going to happen to her in there and how will she be when she comes out?

The line of night: And if it doesn't work well, no great loss.

That's about as cold as it gets.

atchman007

Postby atchman007 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:41 pm

So how far did we jump in time. How long can the girls keep those earrings or necklaces on without being stuck like that?

lods

Postby lods » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:42 am

I would think about a day has passed since they had the various jewelry and mind changes. And I'm pretty sure that the future stuff was just Memetique daydreaming so it doesn't really happen, if that was your question. Oh and he indicated that it would take weeks for the effects to become permanent.

jabbers

Postby jabbers » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:21 am

Some really intriguing developments in this chapter regarding the box and the mystery lady but sadly mere hints and teases at some story threads. I'm curious to see if the dream sequence actually ends up contributing to the plot or if it is mostly fan service. I remain excited to find out more so I hope the next chapter doesn't lead to more detours.

cyberbobmkii

Postby cyberbobmkii » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:32 pm

A can't come up with any real compliant for this issue. It set up some intriguing developments for later, and had some great erotic scenes. I don't even care if it was just fan service, I'm a fan and I feel well serviced! :D

Although I can't say I care for whoever the mystery women was talking to, she's trying to ruin all the fun! :evil:

Softsubversion

Postby Softsubversion » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:31 pm

cyberbobmkii wrote:Although I can't say I care for whoever the mystery women was talking to, she's trying to ruin all the fun! :evil:

Lol, Cyberbobmkii,

You and are of like minds.

MacroLass

Postby MacroLass » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:42 am

A caveat before we start: Tecknophyle and I are writing this story together. We're using it to not only tell this story but set up Metrobay plot threads for the future. Some of the elements are mine, others are his. I'm answering some of your questions above but be aware that they're MY interpretations and might not be precisely right in certain places.

lods -

Yeah, the dream sequence was mostly to show the changes that Shari is undergoing as power of her re-education.

Who doesn't fancy blondes? :lol:

I think it's likely she's okay with the Squad chain of command under normal circumstances but in her new persona as the inquisitor, she doesn't like mouthy bitches that talk back to her. Likely GG got singled out for punishment, to be made an example of as a warning to other people who would defy The Queen.

Don't know as we can say she has a crush on GW in the real world, much less having her be "unattainable". I don't really see that. <shrug>

Likewise, I can't really say anything about a relationship with Kitten since she's an Action Cat and doesn't interact a lot with the Squad.

I think Enchantress COULD change the form of the wand if she wanted but it's more likely this is just another fevered imagining of Shari's.

My personal feeling is that Spellweaver would be part of the Resistance but that's just my take on it.

Softsubversion -

I...am not at liberty to say who the mystery woman is or anything about her. Sorry...

We'll just have to see what happens with Sulia. With any luck the wait won't be too long... <cue suspenseful music>

Yup. Doctor Id lost his empathy and his compassion when Valaya spurned him. Now everyone is just a piece on a chessboard to be manipulated, even the woman he once loved.

lods (again) -

Good answers to atchaman007's questions. You're pretty much right though I'd be more inclined to say 3 or 4 days since everyone was thralled with the jewellry. Just my take on it though.

jabbers -

Part of the art of storytelling is that you don't want to reveal too much too soon. All will come in good time, trust us.

The dream sequence certainly did contribute to the plot, it gave us all another fine BE scene! It wouldn't be a Metrobay story without it! ;)

cyberbobmkii & Softsubversion -

All characters have a purpose in a story...for some, it's to be a major buzz kill. :P

lods

Postby lods » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:34 pm

Ah well I meant unattainable in the sense that GW is straight and not bi (at least that was the impression I was getting from past comics).

MacroLass

Postby MacroLass » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:58 pm

lods wrote:Ah well I meant unattainable in the sense that GW is straight and not bi (at least that was the impression I was getting from past comics).

I see. Well as Samuel Smiles said: "The battle of life is, in most cases, fought uphill; and to win it without a struggle were perhaps to win it without honor. If there were no difficulties there would be no success; if there were nothing to struggle for, there would be nothing to be achieved."

Or perhaps even more apt: "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." ;)

Return to “Atlantis Reborn”