"Atlantis Reborn" #12

Story by MacroLass, art by Tecknophyle.
Doctor Robo

"Atlantis Reborn" #12

Postby Doctor Robo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:17 am

Hey Metrobay fans! Tecknophyle and MacroLass are back this week with chapter 12 of "Atlantis Reborn", and you can read it right now in the members gallery here at MetrobayComix.com!

It's a superheroine rumble as Valor Girl, freed from Dr. Id's insidious control, now has to take on Solaria. Who will win this battle of the babes?

Link to new members gallery: http://www.metrobaycomix.com/members/ne ... egory/1432

bassrass1

Re: "Atlantis Reborn" #12

Postby bassrass1 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:46 pm

First of all full frontal nudity on the cover! That's a way to sell.
This was a action pack chapter, plenty of powers, some giantess action and lots of fists flying here.
The action was well done lots of interesting poses and movement shown here to keep the fight flowing. The Challenges for Valor girl to overcome where great as she quickly has to outsmart her numerous opponents.

Valor Girl is off mind control and kicking ass in this issue, taking on the royal guard. She is a quick learner finding the weakness in the collars and quickly adapting to new threats. I really admire how the picture doesn’t stay on one area of the room the fight goes everywhere and we get a new direction for all of it.

I love the little KA-POW sound effects to the punches. I just wish we got some labels when the characters enter the fray because with those helmets on I had no idea who was who. I can't tell them apart by breasts just yet.

lods

Postby lods » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:23 pm

Huh so I take it she got the ninja powers when she was stabbed by that woman (which means she somehow got those powers from the sword?).

Can't wait for the next episode so we can see what is mucking around in Memetique's head.

Softsubversion

Postby Softsubversion » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:45 am

Here is the 64 thousand dollar question.

Macrolass comes up on Valor Girl in her little warrior uniform and helmet.

In the next panel they start fighting. But now Macrolass is naked. What happened to the uni and helmet?

lods

Postby lods » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:01 pm

Same thing that happens to Valiant Grrl's uniform after 10 seconds of combat.

jabbers

Postby jabbers » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:11 pm

I enjoyed the dynamic action in this chapter. Her use of a her newly gained power absorption abilities were really quite clever. The chapter ends on a nice cliffhanger that could setup something interesting and different. Looking forward to seeing where this goes!

Softsubversion

Postby Softsubversion » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:25 pm

lods wrote:Same thing that happens to Valiant Grrl's uniform after 10 seconds of combat.

Hmmmmm....which makes me ask the question...WTF is going on here? Are the unis so fragile they just go up in smoke at the slightest movement or are Macrolass and Tecknophyle minds on something else?

Tecknophyle

Postby Tecknophyle » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:05 am

Softsubversion wrote:Here is the 64 thousand dollar question.

Macrolass comes up on Valor Girl in her little warrior uniform and helmet.

In the next panel they start fighting. But now Macrolass is naked. What happened to the uni and helmet?

Her power doesn't affect her clothing (aside from her costume). They simply exploded when she grew. The collar didn't burst because it's magic.

Softsubversion

Postby Softsubversion » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:01 pm

Tecknophyle,

Thanks for the answer to the mystery. Looking at the panels I see that now.

It would have been clearer if you had shown them grow before the combat.

But of course that begs the question, why didn't Sulia just grow big and subdue Alexis with ease?

That of course is the problem when you imbue people with super powers. Sometimes if you use them things become too easy and if you don't use them it defies logic.

The story teller has to be real careful with that.

Kind of reminds me of the Star Wars Phantom Menace movie. At the beginning Obi Wan and Qui-Gon Jin were super fast in one scene. So fast they were blurs. Then throughout the film they were in situations where they could have used that speed but didn't. Most especially when Obi was trying to get to Jin when he was fighting Darth Maul and the force field gates kept opening and closing. With that super speed he could have made it but he didn't use it. Why? Because it would have screwed up the story they wanted. Jin was supposed to die at Maul's hands and Obi was not supposed to get to him to save him.

I always wondered why no film critics ever mentioned that huge plot hole that super speed created throughout the film when the Jedi never used it except in that opening scene. Maybe no one noticed but me? Lol. Hard to believe.

Star Wars never showed the Jedi with that kind of speed again in any film and for good reason. After the fact they must have realized what a massive plot hole it was to give them that speed and then not use it for easy way outs of problems.

lods

Postby lods » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:30 am

I think people have chalked that Star Wars thing up to Obi Wan's ability to accelerate (in either direction) was limited so he would risk either slamming into a forcefield at high speed or flying into the pit if he mistimed (not to mention potentially running into Maul's saber who is probably able to move at a similar speed).

But back to on topic, I think it is just kind of understood that in Metrobay the uniforms tend to disappear (like how Kirk's shirt always gets ripped on something in Star Trek) because it is a trope for the genre.

Regarding Alexis, she was already subdued by melting her collar before Emily and Tori showed up (also it seems like she can only copy one power set at a time so she isn't like Physique). And being huge with Emily's power wouldn't help against Tori who could just phase out of it while the phasing power could allow her to easily disable them by just yanking the collars off them.

Softsubversion

Postby Softsubversion » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:46 pm

lods wrote:I think people have chalked that Star Wars thing up to Obi Wan's ability to accelerate (in either direction) was limited so he would risk either slamming into a forcefield at high speed or flying into the pit if he mistimed (not to mention potentially running into Maul's saber who is probably able to move at a similar speed).

But back to on topic, I think it is just kind of understood that in Metrobay the uniforms tend to disappear (like how Kirk's shirt always gets ripped on something in Star Trek) because it is a trope for the genre.

Regarding Alexis, she was already subdued by melting her collar before Emily and Tori showed up (also it seems like she can only copy one power set at a time so she isn't like Physique). And being huge with Emily's power wouldn't help against Tori who could just phase out of it while the phasing power could allow her to easily disable them by just yanking the collars off them.

Lods,

The fast moving Jedi thing was just a horrific mistake they made then realized after the fact. They could have used that ability over and over again in that movie and all the movies to get out of trouble and solve problems so easily. That ability would have made the movies more ridiculous than they sometimes already are as far as plots and solutions, the big flaw of Star Wars. And having that power and not using makes it even worse, lol.

The fact that they never showed that ability again makes it very clear that they soon realized the problem with it. We will never see that again either. I would bet on that for all the reasons I stated.

Your explanations about the size are as good as any I will see I think. Not buying them totally, but good enough.

It was not a big deal because it's a comic, lol. But I have a logic bend of mind so those questions tend to hit me.

lods

Postby lods » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:50 pm

Softsubversion wrote:
lods wrote:I think people have chalked that Star Wars thing up to Obi Wan's ability to accelerate (in either direction) was limited so he would risk either slamming into a forcefield at high speed or flying into the pit if he mistimed (not to mention potentially running into Maul's saber who is probably able to move at a similar speed).

Lods,

The fast moving Jedi thing was just a horrific mistake they made then realized after the fact. They could have used that ability over and over again in that movie and all the movies to get out of trouble and solve problems so easily. That ability would have made the movies more ridiculous than they sometimes already are as far as plots and solutions, the big flaw of Star Wars. And having that power and not using makes it even worse, lol.

The fact that they never showed that ability again makes it very clear that they soon realized the problem with it. We will never see that again either. I would bet on that for all the reasons I stated.

Your explanations about the size are as good as any I will see I think. Not buying them totally, but good enough.

It was not a big deal because it's a comic, lol. But I have a logic bend of mind so those questions tend to hit me.

Source? Because lots of explanations regarding force speed is that it just flat out isn't practical to use on a battlefield because they still have to obey laws of inertia (also hence why they can jump really far). I think the main reason the don't have them zipping around is not because it is OP (because it really isn't, if it was it wouldn't be a staple power in almost every Star Wars video game) but because it would make the movies too cartoony (turning almost every force user into the Flash would be kind of lame from a cinematic story telling point).

What don't you buy about the size argument? She couldn't use the size power on Solaria because Macrolass wasn't anywhere near there prior to Solaria being knocked out and she seems to have to touch the person to copy their powers.

lods

Postby lods » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:35 am

Oh and just having a silly nerd argument, so not taking this too seriously. :)

Tecknophyle

Postby Tecknophyle » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:19 am

The details of Sulia's new powerset will be explained at some point, but for now you'll have to learn what you can from the story.

lods

Postby lods » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:24 pm

Cool. I hope the next issue we get to see what is going on inside of both their heads since both characters have some mysterious elements. I mean, Sulia's background is pretty much limited to her being body swapped for a long time and making friends with Lunaria. So not much there with respect to what makes her tick. And Shari is extremely fascinating because there is a lot going on with her but it is all kind of in her periphery. I mean, she has undergone three huge character changes (four if you count being turned into a statue weapon thing but that was less of a character and more of a weapon) in her short time in Metrobay. I know whatever the story you guys have planned will be cool but I'm super hoping we'll get to see aspects of those personalities she has been through in her head again (like, what would the shy Shari think about the current version? were there versions of her before the shy version the two were first introduced to... I mean if she keeps undergoing these huge shifts what is to say she hasn't undergone them before... and this all seems similar to Emily's backstory a bit too). Anyway, this is why I like the story, it has some really interesting characters and the plot leaves you guessing.

Return to “Atlantis Reborn”