Sad news to report

News about the MetrobayComix.com website and its affiliates.
Doctor Robo

Sad news to report

Postby Doctor Robo » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:34 am

Hello everyone,

It is with a heavy heart that I report to you the news that our dear friend MacroLass has passed away.

MacroLass has been Metrobay Comix staff member for several years. She has been a writer, editor, marketing coordinator, and all-around contributor to the site. Her dynamic personality, boundless enthusiasm, and love for superheroes and fantasy were infectious and in many ways made her the soul of our team. Her self-created character, also named "MacroLass", has appeared in several of our stories and will be a lasting reminder of ML and how important and memorable she was to us.

Please join us in offering condolences to MacroLass's family and friends. She will truly be missed.

- Doc

Trishbot

Re: Sad news to report

Postby Trishbot » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:02 am

I, like many members here - both readers and contributors - loved her enthusiasm and eagerness to explore the fun and wacky side of our comics. Her stories were almost meant to evoke laughs and to look at the bright side of our weird and wonderful comic world. Our very last conversation was planning ahead to our future collaborations and paving the way for her Macrolass character to further impact and change the world of Metrobay in clever, fun, and memorable ways.

It's surreal to sit here now and have that outline we had built together pulled up, that blueprint for the next year of our comics together, and know she won't be here to see it brought to life. At the same time, I know that these stories we planned will have her fingerprints all over them.

She was the best collaborator and she made me enjoy the comics we created. More importantly, she was a very good friend, and I'm going to miss her a whole lot.

I hope she brought smiles to your faces as well as mine.
Do I like mind control, or am I just mind controlled to like mind control?

ajiehb

Postby ajiehb » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:38 am

Sorry to hear this, it's really sad news.

cyberbobmkii

Postby cyberbobmkii » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:54 am

As a faceless fan, I can't even begin to image how the people who actually new her are feeling right now. All that I can say is she was one of my favorite writers on the site, and that she was always quick to respond to the questions here on the forums. Metrobay will definitely feel her loss.

Trishbot wrote:It's surreal to sit here now and have that outline we had built together pulled up, that blueprint for the next year of our comics together, and know she won't be here to see it brought to life. At the same time, I know that these stories we planned will have her fingerprints all over them.

It is good to know that Macrolass will still be present at least in some way here at the site for the next year.

begbie_rentonspud

Postby begbie_rentonspud » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:16 pm

Doctor Robo wrote:Hello everyone,

It is with a heavy heart that I report to you the news that our dear friend MacroLass has passed away.

MacroLass has been Metrobay Comix staff member for several years. She has been a writer, editor, marketing coordinator, and all-around contributor to the site. Her dynamic personality, boundless enthusiasm, and love for superheroes and fantasy were infectious and in many ways made her the soul of our team. Her self-created character, also named "MacroLass", has appeared in several of our stories and will be a lasting reminder of ML and how important and memorable she was to us.

Please join us in offering condolences to MacroLass's family and friends. She will truly be missed.

- Doc

Trish told me the news and I'm just heartbroken. I have had a few conversations with MacroLass and have always been on the receiving end on of such a wonderful, creative, and excited spirit. We lost a creative soul that has given us so many stories.

~Begs

bassrass1

Postby bassrass1 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:28 pm

Trishbot wrote:I hope she brought smiles to your faces as well as mine.

She sure did.
Her stories where always fun, her writting for Hypnotica was always a great laugh, reading her thoughts. Her own stories had such a silver age feel to them that I couldn't help but smile at the charm.

I don't know what to say but I'm so sorry you lost such a wonderful person.

abc

Postby abc » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:29 pm

That is terrible news. My thoughts are with all those close to her. Even the part of her life that was in her comics work will be a sore loss; the loss to those who knew her best will be immeasurably greater.

TheAngelicOne

Postby TheAngelicOne » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:07 pm

Very sad. :( I didnt know Macrolass personally sadly but I can tell she meant a great deal to everyone here not only as a contributor but as a wonderful person too. :(

Tazirai

Postby Tazirai » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:33 pm

My sincere condolences for the loss of MacroLass. Losing anyone is hard.

WikkidLester

Postby WikkidLester » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:40 pm

This was difficult. She was such a fixture here and in our little community. It's extremely tough to even speak about it. I hope I don't sound cheesy given the Macrolass character's power set.

We all stood in her shadow.

I miss my friend.

lods

Postby lods » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:35 pm

I was looking for news about the outage on the site when I saw this news on DA and I'm beyond words. My condolences and well wishes to those who knew her.

Hector6

Postby Hector6 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:49 pm

Sad news indeed, I didn't knew her personally, but Macrolass comics were very funny. I am sorry for her passing.

Indday60

Postby Indday60 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:24 pm

So sad to hear this news, my condolences to all who knew her.

DrDevious

Postby DrDevious » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:26 am

I am very sorry to hear this sad news. As someone who has lost close friends in the past, I have some idea of what you guys are going through. Although I did not know Macrolass personally, I felt I knew at least a part of her through her writing and sense of humour. She will live on through her comic book character, which is a fine legacy. My sincere condolences to her friends and family.

crazydorian

Postby crazydorian » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:25 am

Very sad news indeed, and my condolences.

I've definitely enjoyed the stories she's worked on over the years, and those featuring her namesake. I'm sure the spirit of fun she brought to the Metrobay stories will live on through her friends and partners on the site.

seg

Postby seg » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:16 pm

I just read the announcement, and am truly saddened. I'll not only miss her stories, but also her humor and comments here on the forum. RIP.

jabbers

Postby jabbers » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:58 am

This is a sad and tragic loss. Her writing and commentary was greatly appreciated. Her contributions and storytelling will be greatly missed. My condolences to her friends and family.

uzobono_1

Postby uzobono_1 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:41 pm

I just found out after seeing your post on deviantart.

To all of Macrolass' friends and family, my deepest condolences, I can't imagine their grief right now though I know what its like to lose someone close, especially during the holidays.

I'd only messaged Macrolass once or twice, sadly, during these past few years but even in those interactions she was always sweet and funny. She really was a part of Metrobay and always will be.

To Trish, Doc, Finister and others who worked with her and knew her, again my condolences. I do lurk a lot, but I always enjoyed Macrolass' work, her humor and I know she'll continue to live on in Metrobay. <3.

Nemo Void

Postby Nemo Void » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:49 pm

Oh no!

Sad to say, but none of us are getting any younger. I guess the best tribute to her is that we'll all miss her wit, her stories and her posts.

Softsubversion

Postby Softsubversion » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:53 pm

Eh,

I didn't find out until just now, this moment. I was so delighted to see another chapter of Atlantis Reborn, one of the best stories I have read on this site ever, couldn't wait to get to it and when I read that first page I thought....no, no, that can't be.

I didn't know her except through her stories, but writers always exhibit themselves in their stories. From what those who did know have said, her stories indeed carried herself in them. I wish I could have known her. I loved her stories, their content, plots, characters, tragedy and comedy. She must have been something else. A real corker, as an old friend of mine long ago used to call those certain kinds of fun, vivacious people.

Anytime someone commented on her work she would always respond. You could see how much she loved it.

So sorry too all you at Metrobay who knew her personally. I can't imagine what it must be like. Her comics will be there, for others to learn a bit about her for a long time. Just as I did. That's a good thing.

Return to “Metrobay Comix Announcements”