Members gallery login issues?

We know you have questions about Metrobay Comix. This is the place to ask them. We'll also ask you what you think of our stories and characters.
Doctor Robo

Members gallery login issues?

Postby Doctor Robo » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:51 am

It has come to our attention that a few members are having trouble logging into the members gallery in the days since the server migration. If you are having problems we ask you to email sbediwebwych@gmail.com with the most recent username and email address associated with your account, and an explanation of what is happening when you try to login. Our customer service manager will take a look at your account and get back to you within one business day. Do NOT send your payment information or password. That info is not necessary.

- Doc

Softsubversion

Re: Members gallery login issues?

Postby Softsubversion » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:36 pm

Doc,

I was working with Kaye last night and she said my issue should now be fixed. But it wasn't.

Zsokurze

Postby Zsokurze » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:56 am

Hello,
I resigned up Sunday nighty, and have not been able to log in. I have sent an email, Monday 10:22 est. I have not gotten a response yet. I insert name and password in to the login, and it just pops back up. About a year ago I had the same issue, when I signed up.

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:59 pm

Zsokurze wrote:Hello,
I resigned up Sunday nighty, and have not been able to log in. I have sent an email, Monday 10:22 est. I have not gotten a response yet. I insert name and password in to the login, and it just pops back up. About a year ago I had the same issue, when I signed up.

Hi there. Where did you send your email? Please resend to metrobaycomix@gmail.com and we will look into it ASAP.

- Doc

keel

Postby keel » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:19 am

I have now written Kaye about my login issue. I am still unable to log into Metrobay Comix except for the index page. No gallery or even single image will open. This has been a week now.

seg

Postby seg » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:25 am

I can't get in at the moment.

I tried earlier, but suspected that I would have to try again later, because a new update was being added.

Now, I'm not sure why I'm still unable to get in.

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:29 am

I'm not sure of this will help, but when the server migration took place we upgraded to a more secure platform. Now our full URL is https://www.metrobaycomix.com/ instead of 'http'. Try that and see if it makes a difference.

Trishbot

Postby Trishbot » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:42 am

I have noticed some of the older links no longer work since the migration has occurred and I wasn't able to access that old version of the website. I cleared my cache and was able to login myself using some of the newer gallery links we've uploaded. Keep us informed if that solves the issue.
Do I like mind control, or am I just mind controlled to like mind control?

ajiehb

Postby ajiehb » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:15 am

Trishbot wrote:I have noticed some of the older links no longer work since the migration has occurred and I wasn't able to access that old version of the website. I cleared my cache and was able to login myself using some of the newer gallery links we've uploaded. Keep us informed if that solves the issue.

Actually all links are not working, except Second Date but I guess because it has new address. If you try any other you will get:
"The requested URL /401.shtml was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Zsokurze

Postby Zsokurze » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:59 pm

I am curious, as of 8:57 est 3/13/19 the membership fee charge is still pending. Could that be a cause for login issues?

FinisterFoul

Postby FinisterFoul » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:23 pm

Hi all,

Sorry for the hiccup. The admin folks were doing some switch to https and it caused the temporary 404 error. The galleries should all be working now.

Zsokurze

Postby Zsokurze » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:53 pm

I have sent this to Kaye also, but could the fact that Epoch has the site starting with http instead of https cause the login issue?

FinisterFoul

Postby FinisterFoul » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:47 am

Hi Zsokurze!

Yes - our site host also has several other galleries of their own and were switching everything over to https and because the Metrobay galleries are set up differently, it caused the 404 error. It has now been corrected but old bookmarked links to Metrobay galleries may still go to the old 404 error. In that case we ask folks to clear their cache of Metrobay stuff... then manually type in the address and save a new bookmark.

Thanks so much and we apologize for the hiccup.

Zsokurze

Postby Zsokurze » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:53 am

I have done the cache clear, I even uninstalled my browser and did a clean reinstall. I still get an endless loop of login pop up. I have used three different browsers, and three different devices. When I get home from work, I will try installing a browser I have never used before.

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:58 pm

Zsokurze wrote:I have done the cache clear, I even uninstalled my browser and did a clean reinstall. I still get an endless loop of login pop up. I have used three different browsers, and three different devices. When I get home from work, I will try installing a browser I have never used before.

This is new to me. I don't think I've heard from anyone else who has experienced this particular issue.

Let us know what happens when you try the new browser.

Zsokurze

Postby Zsokurze » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:09 am

Installed chrome to laptop, never had it on it before. It still looped. This is on spectrum internet provider, a friend’s computer using AT&T and still the looping. First time they had been there. Though Kaye said it works. This makes two internet companies, four browsers, two computers, one laptop, and a phone it does not work on. I think last time I went through epoch

Zsokurze

Postby Zsokurze » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:54 am

Ok works now, I can get in the gallery

FinisterFoul

Postby FinisterFoul » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:42 am

Thanks Zsokurze!

Return to “Questions and Answers”