Insect Infestation

We know you have questions about Metrobay Comix. This is the place to ask them. We'll also ask you what you think of our stories and characters.
FinisterFoul

Insect Infestation

Postby FinisterFoul » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:17 am

So, some kind of insectoid villain infestation hits Metrobay and at least HoneyDoll will confront it... and probably more heroines.

I can write it all out myself and let readers enjoy the mystery of what's gonna happen next... OR... it can be a reader-driven story... even a group collaboration if folks want.

I have three possible story angles for this ( so far ), but I wondered if readers would want to have more of a say in a particular story and this one seems kind of open.

What are you all's thoughts?

I could tell you my best angle on it and we could build on that.

We could do it clean slate and brainstorm together.

It could be a poll-driven story completely driven by what most folks want.

Or I could just write it myself.

What's your all thoughts?

Hector6

Re: Insect Infestation

Postby Hector6 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:39 am

FinisterFoul wrote:So, some kind of insectoid villain infestation hits Metrobay and at least HoneyDoll will confront it... and probably more heroines.

I can write it all out myself and let readers enjoy the mystery of what's gonna happen next... OR... it can be a reader-driven story... even a group collaboration if folks want.

A group collaboration seems intesting, if you give us the general plot and if there are enough people interested in it, count me in ;)

ajiehb

Postby ajiehb » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:30 am

As long as it will have a lot of goo and sticky Insect things for heroines I'm OK with this story. Well, no. Actually I would like to see two more heroines, but if it's not possible I can bear with it.

@Hector6 count me in if it would be a group collaboration :)

TheAngelicOne

Postby TheAngelicOne » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:20 pm

Sure count me in. Are we talking bug themed villains with gooy gadgets to entrap our heroines or alien ones with those abilities to cocoon them, etc.? :D

lods

Postby lods » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:46 pm

How have the poll-driven experiments in the past worked out? I didn't really look too closely at the response rate for the Star-bot story, for instance.

Maybe a fun way to do this would be give us three potential covers and we pick one. That way you can give as much or as little away as you like but at the same time leave a lot of room for people to guess (sort of like basing a story off a piece of concept art).

Haight

Postby Haight » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:19 pm

If it involved some of our heroines getting knocked up with giant insect eggs, I'd resubscribe.

teflon_tim

Postby teflon_tim » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:46 pm

lods wrote:Maybe a fun way to do this would be give us three potential covers and we pick one. That way you can give as much or as little away as you like but at the same time leave a lot of room for people to guess (sort of like basing a story off a piece of concept art).

I like this idea a lot. Give us a tease and a modicum of choice, but keep the details a secret. For my part I want to be surprised as to the overall content, but the idea of keeping us guessing is a cool one.

FinisterFoul

Postby FinisterFoul » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:25 am

Thanks all!

Okay, let me write up some basic outline ideas and post them here to see what folks think.

Hector6

Postby Hector6 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:35 am

ajiehb wrote:@Hector6 count me in if it would be a group collaboration :)

I would be honored ajiehb ;)

keel

Postby keel » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:25 am

There must be an infestation. Metrobay comix is not working for me AGAIN. I'm about ready to quit.

sunghyun86

Postby sunghyun86 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:41 pm

https://ghostbusters.fandom.com/wiki/Cohila
How about an ancient South American insect demon who was placed in a state of hibernation centuries ago...he is awakened in Metrobay and must find new queens among its superheroines to establish his new hive?

FinisterFoul

Postby FinisterFoul » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:38 pm

keel wrote:There must be an infestation. Metrobay comix is not working for me AGAIN. I'm about ready to quit.

Hi Keel - I'm seeing the 404 error too.

FinisterFoul

Postby FinisterFoul » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:39 pm

sunghyun86 wrote:https://ghostbusters.fandom.com/wiki/Cohila
How about an ancient South American insect demon who was placed in a state of hibernation centuries ago...he is awakened in Metrobay and must find new queens among its superheroines to establish his new hive?

That is an idea we can put forth as concept for discussion :)

jabbers

Postby jabbers » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:55 pm

Truthfully, this sounds like it could become a 'too many cooks' situation that makes me skeptical. Brainstorming a high-level premise is one thing but it might be a struggle to try to accommodate every single pet scenario that is volunteered. It's admirable to take suggestions but I recommend you write it yourself and only take from what you find inspiring, if only to make sure you're invested in what you're creating and that the plot remains cohesive and coherent.

FinisterFoul

Postby FinisterFoul » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:52 am

I think you may be right. Maybe I can be more of a 'director' on it. Dunno.

Return to “Questions and Answers”