Insectoid Group project *****SPOILERS*****

We know you have questions about Metrobay Comix. This is the place to ask them. We'll also ask you what you think of our stories and characters.
Hector6

Re: Insectoid Group project *****SPOILERS*****

Postby Hector6 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:12 pm

FinisterFoul wrote:
What's the most important factors of this story we want to explore?

Numerous sexy babes sharing a hive mind?
What does this entail?
Do we focus on one babe who has a hive mind?
Is it sexier to focus on a group of enthralled babes?
Is it sexy just to watch these babes do mundane things showing they are totally enthralled?
Tell me what makes this concept so damned sexy
Let's build on that
Uniformity like the graybots?
powerlessness?
acceptance and mindless need to please?
what mental visual images do you see that make this concept arousing?
Insect slime?
Tentacles?
hatching from a cocoon... caterpillar becomes a butterfly?

If you leave this up to me it will be camp... do we want camp?

You're the directors... what's your vision?

Well, I must say that I don't have a clear idea about how to do this story with an "insect" theme, I think it would be better if I can give some ideas, but I think someone who really likes the concept should answer this questionnarie.

What all of you think?

lods

Postby lods » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:31 pm

seg wrote:-This is interesting to me, but there needs to be at least one, non-assimilated witness, who wonders why the babes are doing what they're doing.

What about if Milly witnesses things but is unaffected by the psychic jamming or whatever (because reasons, could be anything) so she actually sees what is really going on. Being Milly, she has no idea how to get help. She could try to get help from her previous friend of Troublina but when she visits her she sees that Troublina was assimilated too (probably by Kitten, doesn't need to actually be shown) but no one can see it and Troublina just looks like her normal civilian self.

This doesn't have to progress anywhere but could be a jump off point for a later story with the "scooby gang" type group I previously mentioned.

seg

Postby seg » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:57 pm

lods wrote:
What about if Milly witnesses things but is unaffected by the psychic jamming or whatever (because reasons, could be anything) so she actually sees what is really going on. Being Milly, she has no idea how to get help. She could try to get help from her previous friend of Troublina but when she visits her she sees that Troublina was assimilated too (probably by Kitten, doesn't need to actually be shown) but no one can see it and Troublina just looks like her normal civilian self.

I second this idea. She would be perfect for this role.

Because of the location and characters, I think a good chunk of this story is destined for camp, and that's cool. To which, Finister could write most of the chapters.

FinisterFoul

Postby FinisterFoul » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:55 am

Awesome concepts all!!

This is sounding like Invasion of the Body Snatchers where one character witnessed the slow takeover of everyone.

We were going to save Milly for the demon halloween story.

What if the point-of-view ( POV ) character was Snowflake? Or maybe an under-used character... like one of the Speed Demonettes: RollerGrrl or Dare Doll? I guess it depends on whether this is a civilian focused story or a heroine focused story. Hmm... it could be two babes: A civilian and a Heroine. Then we could show both angles of the slow mass enslavement.

These characters would determine if it's a camp story or not based on their own personality which would perhaps narrate the story.

lods

Postby lods » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:10 pm

Hm, Snowflake could work if the One Shot was retconned (I mean, I figure the One Shots exist in a pseudo canon state).

The only civilian I think this could work with outside of Milly would be April. She is a student so that puts her on the campus/where the Parasite Queen starts out (it seems). And she is underdeveloped (I mean, prior to that Snowflake and Solaria comic she largely existed to be converted or whatnot) so this could give us more opportunity to figure out her as a character. And since she has contact with Snowflake previously that is another link.

And again, can invent some reason why she is a witness. Will need more details regarding what actually happens to fill out the specifics for her.

lods

Postby lods » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:44 pm

Oh yeah forgot to mention the speed demon question. Honestly, while I think they have been under used I don't think this story makes sense for them. They really need to have a stand alone story to reintroduce them into the mainline continuity. Emcon really defined the characters and then kind of left them in a limbo state that wasn't really compatible with the rest of the Metrobay universe, imo. I don't really see this story being the optimal one for that (nothing about their characters really seems to fit this story outside of they're younger heroines).

If we're talking which heroines to use, a Snowflake Troublina team-up could work (assuming Snowflake gets retconned out of the first set of hive sisters). They haven't really interacted much outside of Hypnotica so there is room for some fun. (And Solaria could be out of town becoming Memetique's handmaiden or whatever lol.) Troublina would be a primary (again, because she is motivated by Kitten... who could taunt Troublina by being affectionate with a hive sister Babydoll) and Snowflake could eventually get captured by acting self-less (or reverse if you want to play counter to their tropes).

lods

Postby lods » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:11 pm

Okay last post (stupid no editing after a period of time lol).

I was thinking about young heroines that are underused that might be really good in a hive mind setting. Sword and Shield would be great here. They're around but essentially completely unused. Shield has the most characterization and Sword's is fairly minor. Obviously you'd need to get permission to use the characters but I think this might be a good story for them. It also means you wouldn't have to do that soft retcon for Snowflake.

They're heroines that have a heavy connection to their civilian life. They already have strong connections between each other (where they can feel what each other feels to some degree and their powers are connected). That sets up a cool opportunity for what happens if one of them is assimilated but the other isn't. Some potential cool conversation moments there (and non-conversation hehehe). You could also bring in Cyber Grrl too potentially. Sword would probably make the good POV character (so Cyber Grrl gets assimilated, Shield goes to find out what happened to her girlfriend, Sword feels something happen to Shield, like her mind is closed off suddenly, Shield comes back, appears normal but Sword gets weird vibes, and off we go).

I think this might be a good team up for character moments but the downside is it doesn't have as much camp opportunities (like how Troublina has a ton of that). You could throw in some other characters though for that.

FinisterFoul

Postby FinisterFoul » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:59 pm

Oh my bad - forgot about Snowflake already being in Trishbot's one shot story.

I think McTek has retired Sword and Shield.

We can use Milly. We can just exclude the demons in the this story.

lods

Postby lods » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:12 am

Thats too bad about them, they were actually the coolest new heroines added of the new bunch, imo. I get how they'd be tricky since they were heavily involved in some of the earlier plots that were retired as well.

Regarding Troublina (autocorrect really hates her name lol), I keep bringing her up because I want her to get canonical butterfly themed powers to match that outfit she received in Time Management.

Anyway, I think about anything could work, the hardest part is walking through the landmines of which characters are free to use.

And yeah, if Trishbot's story is the basis for things then Snowflake, Kitten, Babydoll, a couple civilians, and that new football themed heroine.. Gridiron? are hive sisters.

So April and Troublina and Troublina self sacrifices while April finally gets to save the day somehow? Dunno lol

seg

Postby seg » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:42 pm

FinisterFoul wrote:Oh my bad - forgot about Snowflake already being in Trishbot's one shot story.

We can use Milly. We can just exclude the demons in the this story.

That would be cool.

lods wrote:
Regarding Troublina (autocorrect really hates her name lol), I keep bringing her up because I want her to get canonical butterfly themed powers to match that outfit she received in Time Management.

Anyway, I think about anything could work, the hardest part is walking through the landmines of which characters are free to use.

And yeah, if Trishbot's story is the basis for things then Snowflake, Kitten, Babydoll, a couple civilians, and that new football themed heroine.. Gridiron? are hive sisters.

So April and Troublina and Troublina self sacrifices while April finally gets to save the day somehow? Dunno lol

April would also be ok. Definitely involve Troublina, especially because of her outfit, although I thought it was weird at the time. Her hair has always reminded me of cat ears, even though I think they are supposed to be horns. There are so many cat-heroines, I figured her as a wannabe.

Snowflake should probably stay a swarm sister. It would be nice to leave the one shot intact.

If you really want to get retro (although it could get messy,) these events could happen before Crissy Tanner becomes Chrome. Then she could be the non-assimilated, vulnerable student, if for a while at least (she wants to become a robot, not a bug, :lol: . Although, she has to ponder the idea.) I miss her playing that role. But naturally, there are still other choices.

Overall, this story sounds like fun. Hopefully, it will all work out.

seg

Postby seg » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:17 pm

lods wrote:What about if Milly witnesses things but is unaffected by the psychic jamming or whatever (because reasons, could be anything) so she actually sees what is really going on. Being Milly, she has no idea how to get help. She could try to get help from her previous friend of Troublina but when she visits her she sees that Troublina was assimilated too (probably by Kitten, doesn't need to actually be shown) but no one can see it and Troublina just looks like her normal civilian self.

Milly could be unaffected due to something of the demonic persuasion.
If Blackout, perhaps, she would be saved by her own powers.
If April, a reason will have to be concocted. Perhaps, in some way her nanosuit protects her (could get messy.) Idk.

FinisterFoul

Postby FinisterFoul » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:31 pm

I had originally planned to have Troublina's butterfly angle explored in an insectoid story and she'd become Honeydoll's sidekick from then on. Years ago I had some insect props commissioned too, but they're whacky campy ( bondagey ) and I don't think they'd fit into this hive mind angle.

Troublina as civilian Angie Houston would work because no one would believe her when she tried to explain that an insect lady was controlling everyone, etc.

FinisterFoul

Postby FinisterFoul » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:43 pm

Hmm... the Butterfly idea still could work.

My idea was that since Troublina was shrunk twice in'Itty Bitty Kitty" that some aspect of the shrinking process was absorbed by her. Then in a story she is exposed to some ray or something and it activates her dormant shrinking powers. So then she can shrink at will.

Honeydoll discovers Troublina's secret and convinces her to use her new powers for good. And Honeydoll crafts mech wings and a communication antenna for Troublina who becomes the butterfly heroine ( actual hero name needed... or she just remains Troublina... since it goes with the Thumbilina angle too ).

We could have this happen in the hive story if folks wanted

ajiehb

Postby ajiehb » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:16 pm

FinisterFoul wrote:Hmm... the Butterfly idea still could work.

My idea was that since Troublina was shrunk twice in'Itty Bitty Kitty" that some aspect of the shrinking process was absorbed by her. Then in a story she is exposed to some ray or something and it activates her dormant shrinking powers. So then she can shrink at will.

Honeydoll discovers Troublina's secret and convinces her to use her new powers for good. And Honeydoll crafts mech wings and a communication antenna for Troublina who becomes the butterfly heroine ( actual hero name needed... or she just remains Troublina... since it goes with the Thumbilina angle too ).

MicroLass and Hummingbird already have similar abilities...

lods

Postby lods » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:40 pm

Hm. I suppose that general setup could work but still would like to see her paired with a civilian because she worked well opposite of Milly in the past. (Also lots of heroines have duplicate powers so I don't see that being a deal breaker. I think the only ones with a unique set are Solaria and Crissy).

I was thinking along the lines of dazzle type powers for Troublina. So maybe her innate power is the ability to sort of mimic powers from things that happened to her. She first gets a aforementioned shrink ability and then after she is eventually assimilated by hive-Kitten late in the story she gains their mesmer abilities to a degree. That would fit with her overall theme of being a troublemaker who squeezes her way out of tight situations by talk and agility.

Honeydoll could play a mentor role who gets captured at some point but resists (so you can fit the bondage stuff in... maybe her boobs were altered in such a way that makes her immune to the assimilation method) and she eventually helps defeat the hive with the help of whomever is the civilian in the story?

seg

Postby seg » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:16 pm

FinisterFoul wrote:Hmm... the Butterfly idea still could work.

Should you add a poll when all of the ideas get rounded up?

FinisterFoul

Postby FinisterFoul » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:21 pm

Ajiehb's right - there were other 'shrinking' heroines... I think is why I kind of shelved the Troublina idea.

Lods - we could use Troublina as the masked character and Milly if that's what's preferred. If we think Troublina needs powers then we could come up with an idea for unique ones for her. Maybe she somehow gets minor powers that enhance her thieving abilities?

I agree with you - Troublina and Milly being so different makes them work together with a good chemistry.

Seg - a poll is a good idea.

seg

Postby seg » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:31 pm

FinisterFoul wrote:Ajiehb's right - there were other 'shrinking' heroines... I think is why I kind of shelved the Troublina idea.
If we think Troublina needs powers then we could come up with an idea for unique ones for her. Maybe she somehow gets minor powers that enhance her thieving abilities?

I had an idea for her "bad luck" power. If somehow, she finds that her bad luck is actually rubbing off on other people (I have no clue how to portray this,) then she begins to experience less bad luck herself.

lods

Postby lods » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:30 pm

Maybe like a weird version of the spider-sense but instead of being able to predict bad things she can actively reroute it toward someone else? It sort of fits with butterflies (chaos theory and butterfly wings). She could do good luck too but being who she is she mostly focuses on bad.

seg

Postby seg » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:12 pm

Yeah, she is used to bad stuff not good stuff, so if it happens to her enemies instead of to her, then she clearly benefits. Perhaps there is a way to link this power to sexual energy. It certainly doesn't need to be, but after all, this is Metrobay.

Return to “Questions and Answers”