"Heroines for Hire" #11

Story and art by MCtek.
Doctor Robo

"Heroines for Hire" #11

Postby Doctor Robo » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:53 pm

Hey Metrobay fans! MCtek is back this week with chapter 11 of "Heroines for Hire", and you can read it right now in the members gallery here at Metrobay Comix!

Having learned what she needed from Toymaker, Sera - in Azure Avenger's body - is one step closer to Vanishing Girl. But what does her owner have to say? Find out only at MetrobayComix.com!

Link to members gallery: https://www.metrobaycomix.com/members/n ... egory/1546

lifmcs

Re: "Heroines for Hire" #11

Postby lifmcs » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:31 pm

:squinty squint: "Hrm, 'nteresting."

Softsubversion

Postby Softsubversion » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:18 am

Desdemona,

Holy shit! I didn't even recognizer her till she spoke.

Sera did a number on her. She seems to really have caught Sera's eye for special usage it seems. What does Sera see in her? There is a reason no doubt. Her rebel personality, her history of fighting Index, her ties to the super-heroines, other things?

And what does she have planned for Des?

Finally, has she been brought out to do a seduction act...or something even more physical?

Great chapter!!

Softsubversion

Postby Softsubversion » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:26 am

Oh,

And MCtek,

Great look for Dez, with the blue contrasting with her skin, the artistic lines that go to interesting places and really look exotic.

I have a feeling there will be some other looks with her too.

Hector6

Postby Hector6 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:56 am

[quote="Doctor Robo"]
Having learned what she needed from Toymaker, Sera - in Azure Avenger's body - is one step closer to Vanishing Girl. But what does her owner have to say? Find out only at MetrobayComix.com!]

Hi there!

I could be wrong, but I think that maybe page 8 lacks of balloon dialogues, because Byron says "Who the f-ck you think you're talking to" at page 7 and at page 9 he says: "You can't be serious, someone would have noticed by"

I have been waiting for this scene since you mentioned Vanishing Girl! I sure hope Byron shows some resolution and at least try to stop Sera - in Azure Avenger's body - to steal Stephanie from him!

He is treating Lola very badly, but as Byron said at "Vanishing act", Lola means nothing to him. Now I am much more intrigued to see what happens.

Oh, and seeing Steph in a slave harem outfit? Well, it seems something Byron would do, however, I would have loved to see him pull a trick like the last time with Gypsy, when he ordered Steph to be invisible when her fellow superheroine was visiting his office.

I hope to see Byron reaction when he discovers Toymaster's treason!

Hector6

Postby Hector6 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:58 am

Softsubversion wrote:Desdemona,

Sera did a number on her. She seems to really have caught Sera's eye for special usage it seems. What does Sera see in her? There is a reason no doubt. Her rebel personality, her history of fighting Index, her ties to the super-heroines, other things?

Finally, has she been brought out to do a seduction act...or something even more physical?

Great chapter!!

This is a good question, because Sera said that she knew Desdemona's father, and if he was a good man (that seems to be case) to completely control and transform Desdemona like that seems a very despicable thing to do. Sera must have a very good reason to do this to the daughter of a possible past ally.

Softsubversion

Postby Softsubversion » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:04 am

Hector,

Sera definitely has something planned for Des because she is using her prominently in both Heroines story's.

It will be interesting to see what all it is. Does it pertain to just Shadow Rider and other Heroines or that and something else or something totally different?

Makes for fun speculation and even better stories as we eventually find out.

She did say her and Des' father had a disagreement on how to fight Index and change things. I guess Des's father wasn't some sociopath like Sera, lol.

I wonder if he is still around somewhere or not?

I keep thinking back to Des and "Bitch Mode". I wonder if we are about to find out what that is.

You know its going to happen eventually.

Trishbot

Postby Trishbot » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:17 am

Hector6 wrote:I could be wrong, but I think that maybe page 8 lacks of balloon dialogues, because Byron says "Who the f-ck you think you're talking to" at page 7 and at page 9 he says: "You can't be serious, someone would have noticed by" .

Yeah, whoops. Our bad. Should be remedied now.

Great chapter!!

We've been wanting to use Desdemona for a VERY long time, and so many things just kept getting in the way. Yeah, she's pretty important, and she's a very useful asset for Sera to have around.

Hector6 wrote:This is a good question, because Sera said that she knew Desdemona's father, and if he was a good man (that seems to be case) to completely control and transform Desdemona like that seems a very despicable thing to do. Sera must have a very good reason to do this to the daughter of a possible past ally.

Sera isn't remorseless, but she has her reasons for everything she does... even if some choices are harder to make than others.
Do I like mind control, or am I just mind controlled to like mind control?

lods

Postby lods » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:18 pm

Huh. Yeah. This is interesting because it is walking us through what is going on and building up tension. Keep it up.

Softsubversion

Postby Softsubversion » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:55 pm

Trishbot wrote:
Hector6 wrote:I could be wrong, but I think that maybe page 8 lacks of balloon dialogues, because Byron says "Who the f-ck you think you're talking to" at page 7 and at page 9 he says: "You can't be serious, someone would have noticed by" .

Great chapter!!

We've been wanting to use Desdemona for a VERY long time, and so many things just kept getting in the way. Yeah, she's pretty important, and she's a very useful asset for Sera to have around.][/quote]

As I said before Trish, I felt she was a great character given her and her fathers background story, her closeness with Shadow and the info she was gathering for the Heroines, her wild, rebellious character and looks and tattoos.

It is good to see her getting play now. And in two concurrent stories! The wait has finally paid off.

Hector6

Postby Hector6 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:04 am

Softsubversion wrote:Hector,
I guess Des's father wasn't some sociopath like Sera, lol.

I think Sera is a good intentioned extremist, trying to stop Max Indeks can be seen as nearly impossible, Do you think Sera knows that he is only a minor menace compared to the evil empire that is Global Rope?

Softsubversion wrote:I wonder if he is still around somewhere or not?

Now that is an interesting question...

Softsubversion wrote:I keep thinking back to Des and "Bitch Mode". I wonder if we are about to find out what that is.

You know its going to happen eventually.

Sera talking about "bitch mode", I think she cannot appreciate the irony...

The thing i was thinking about was exactly how Byron and Vanishing Girl were passing their time. Sera is not impressed. I hope Byron somehow can keep Vanishing Girl, he was the only villain who seemed to win (well, there is Max Indeks, but he is a very difficult person to empathize). I can't wait to see more of this story

Hector6

Postby Hector6 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:14 am

Trishbot wrote:

Thanks Trish, I understand now the story better, only another comment, I believe there is a page "11A" that is redundant in this story (only shows the characters without dialogue ballons). Could you check it?
thanks!

Trishbot

Postby Trishbot » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:02 am

Hector6 wrote:
Trishbot wrote:

Thanks Trish, I understand now the story better, only another comment, I believe there is a page "11A" that is redundant in this story (only shows the characters without dialogue ballons). Could you check it?
thanks!

I can check with MCTek, but I think it's just showing DESDEMONA EXE fully manifesting and nothing more.

Hector6

Postby Hector6 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:31 pm

Trishbot wrote:
Hector6 wrote:
Trishbot wrote:

thanks!

I can check with MCTek, but I think it's just showing DESDEMONA EXE fully manifesting and nothing more.

Tnank you!

Softsubversion

Postby Softsubversion » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:20 pm

Hector,

Going back to Index. He has been around a long time and the one constant in life is things change.

Sera is very smart, clever and capable. She knows how to plan and play the game.

Soooo... will she be the one to finally take down Index for good? Something the Heroines have shown they can't.

Trishbot

Postby Trishbot » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:32 am

Softsubversion wrote:Hector,

Going back to Index. He has been around a long time and the one constant in life is things change.

Sera is very smart, clever and capable. She knows how to plan and play the game.

Soooo... will she be the one to finally take down Index for good? Something the Heroines have shown they can't.

Heroines are always at a disadvantage because they're selfless and follow the rules. However, Sera ALSO knows that Max basically runs Metrobay from top to bottom. Is he even worth the risk if she's getting a small army of mindless heroines who could keep her satisfied without risk of it all imploding?... we'll see.

Softsubversion

Postby Softsubversion » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:44 pm

Trish,

I would answer your question this way: If she is as smart as she seems she has to know this a zero sum game with Index. He will never let her just hide somewhere after what she did to him. He's just not that way. So when you know someone is going to come for you, forever, you better be trying to take them out.

Trishbot

Postby Trishbot » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:12 pm

Softsubversion wrote:Trish,

I would answer your question this way: If she is as smart as she seems she has to know this a zero sum game with Index. He will never let her just hide somewhere after what she did to him. He's just not that way. So when you know someone is going to come for you, forever, you better be trying to take them out.

A better way to view this; Max is BENEATH her interests. She's not going after someone (or something) as "small" as Max is...

Softsubversion

Postby Softsubversion » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:17 am

Trishbot wrote:
Softsubversion wrote:Trish,

A better way to view this; Max is BENEATH her interests. She's not going after someone (or something) as "small" as Max is...

Wow. That is a very interesting comment there Trish.

lods

Postby lods » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:33 pm

Well if you look at all the lore we have from outside Metrobay, Max is essentially the king of a hill and for whatever reason external forces seem to mostly leave him alone. We don't actually know how Max was able to create essentially this little kingdom for himself.

Return to “Heroines for Hire”