"Caught in the Headlights" #39

Story by Doctor Robo, art by MCtek and Finister Foul, postwork by Trishbot.
Doctor Robo

"Caught in the Headlights" #39

Postby Doctor Robo » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:45 am

Hey Metrobay fans! Doc Robo, Finister Foul and Trishbot are back this week with chapter 39 of "Caught in the Headlights", and you can read it right now in the members gallery here at MetrobayComix.com!

Now that the story is nearing its end, there are still a few details left to be wrapped up. How were the Hotties shut down? Where's Vic off to? What will happen to Headlights? Only a couple more chapters left until the conclusion!

Link to members gallery: https://www.metrobaycomix.com/members/n ... egory/1552

cyberbobmkii

Re: "Caught in the Headlights" #39

Postby cyberbobmkii » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:27 pm

The really intresting part of this story for me were the scenes in the Funhouse and what it could mean for the upcoming(hopefully) CellblockXXX. This has to take place after CBXXX since Omegabot is in the story. Witch she wasn't present for in Chrome Virus and it's implied that CBXXX starts immediately after. Yet Erica and Warden Smith are still enslaved. Suggesting that even though the heroines escape(sadly), they don't find out that the prison is under ROPE control. Even more confusing is that Belinda is completely absent. If she is still at the Funhouse it's odd that Vic's release was done without her.

teflon_tim

Postby teflon_tim » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:45 pm

cyberbobmkii wrote:The really intresting part of this story for me were the scenes in the Funhouse and what it could mean for the upcoming(hopefully) CellblockXXX. This has to take place after CBXXX since Omegabot is in the story. Witch she wasn't present for in Chrome Virus and it's implied that CBXXX starts immediately after.

I dunno about that. There's nothing that says that CBXXX started *immediately* after CV; any amount of time could have passed. And whatever else may happen during CBXXX, I highly doubt that both AW and VG would have escaped and still left the prison in ROPE control.

As for Belinda's absence, I think a reason for that is hinted at in the recent One-Shot "Demon in the Machine." I have a feeling that when all is said and done the Funhouse is going to be a very different place. And I for one can't wait to see how all these stories fall into place.

cyberbobmkii

Postby cyberbobmkii » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:26 pm

teflon_tim wrote:
cyberbobmkii wrote:The really intresting part of this story for me were the scenes in the Funhouse and what it could mean for the upcoming(hopefully) CellblockXXX. This has to take place after CBXXX since Omegabot is in the story. Witch she wasn't present for in Chrome Virus and it's implied that CBXXX starts immediately after.

I dunno about that. There's nothing that says that CBXXX started *immediately* after CV; any amount of time could have passed. And whatever else may happen during CBXXX, I highly doubt that both AW and VG would have escaped and still left the prison in ROPE control.

As for Belinda's absence, I think a reason for that is hinted at in the recent One-Shot "Demon in the Machine." I have a feeling that when all is said and done the Funhouse is going to be a very different place. And I for one can't wait to see how all these stories fall into place.

True, there's nothing proving that CBXXX starts right after CV. But the ending of CV 54 strongly suggests that Kelly, Ma West, and Omega Woman are heading for the Funhouse right after. Plus there's Doc Robo's comment here:

Doctor Robo wrote:I'll respond to your comments individually later on, but I wanted to let you know that your thoughtful posts are exactly why I decided to eventually branch this storyline off to its own title. I feel like I was shortchanging the Belinda/Funhouse portion, and it deserves to be explored more fully on its own without competing for attention with the Cyberqueen/Squad HQ portion.
- Doc

This seems to imply that CBXXX was originally going to be part of Chrome Virus, which to me suggests that there won't be much time between the two stories.

And as for Rope still controlling the Funhouse, this pretty much confirms that AW and VG escape without taking back the Funhouse. AW is enslaved in CV, and AW showed up earlier in this story completely free. The only other explenation is a major continuity F-up. Which actually wouldn't be a first for this story, what with Vic and Cyberstar forgetting they've met.

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:19 am

cyberbobmkii wrote:The only other explenation is a major continuity F-up. Which actually wouldn't be a first for this story, what with Vic and Cyberstar forgetting they've met.

I guess I missed something. When did I make that mistake?

cyberbobmkii

Postby cyberbobmkii » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:21 am

Doctor Robo wrote:
cyberbobmkii wrote:The only other explenation is a major continuity F-up. Which actually wouldn't be a first for this story, what with Vic and Cyberstar forgetting they've met.

I guess I missed something. When did I make that mistake?

It happened in the second issue.

Doctor Robo wrote:
DrDevious wrote:Am I missing something here, but wasn't Cyberstar instrumental in modifying the greentooth device that enslaved Brown Sugar in Chapter 4 of Headlights now hiring? So they both evidently met before and have a business relationship, but it appears that in this story this is the first time they met?

No, you aren't missing anything. I completely forgot that they had already met. Dammit.

Thanks for the reminder. I'll have to go back and change the dialogue to reference their previous encounter.

- Doc

lods

Postby lods » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:42 pm

Reminds me of how one of these days I want to make the time to make a map of every character interaction lol.

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:38 am

cyberbobmkii wrote:It happened in the second issue.

So you're saying I forgot that I had forgotten something? That sounds about right. :roll:

I'll get it fixed eventually. Thanks for the reminder.

cyberbobmkii

Postby cyberbobmkii » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:03 am

Doctor Robo wrote:
cyberbobmkii wrote:It happened in the second issue.

So you're saying I forgot that I had forgotten something? That sounds about right. :roll:

I'll get it fixed eventually. Thanks for the reminder.

I think I was a little harsh for me to call it a f-up. It's not like it breaks the story in any meaning full way, just a minor inconsistency. Sorry for the harshness.

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:47 pm

cyberbobmkii wrote:I think I was a little harsh for me to call it a f-up. It's not like it breaks the story in any meaning full way, just a minor inconsistency. Sorry for the harshness.

No need to apologize. I didn't take it that way. I appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention. I wouldn't have realized it otherwise.

jabbers

Postby jabbers » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:49 am

Not sure if this was a continuity error but Carla was being controlled through her earpiece this whole time, right? She's not wearing one on pages 730 and 732. I do find it curious that they were able to excuse her participation without identifying the headsets as the control method, thereby discovering it being used on the mayor and warden.

While perhaps a cliched trope, the way the day is saved was amusingly executed. I liked the way that this chapter relates to other aspects of history and storylines both with the ownership change and the Funhouse arrangement. I also appreciated that Ms.M finally paid lip service to how problematic Lisa's ability can be and it was good to see Ted actually acknowledging the nuisance. I'm curious to see what new developments might occur now that the issue has been finally raised.

This chapter seems like it would have been a pretty solid conclusion, tying up most loose ends except Cyber's fate. I wonder what remains to be seen in a finale.

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:59 am

jabbers wrote:Not sure if this was a continuity error but Carla was being controlled through her earpiece this whole time, right? She's not wearing one on pages 730 and 732. I do find it curious that they were able to excuse her participation without identifying the headsets as the control method, thereby discovering it being used on the mayor and warden.

Yeah, Carla should have still been wearing her earpiece when she was in the car with Vic. That's our mistake. However, perhaps she lost her earpiece in the commotion at Headlights, and by the time she was interrogated (and likely mind-scanned) by Alpha Woman the effects had started to wear off...?
jabbers wrote:While perhaps a cliched trope, the way the day is saved was amusingly executed. I liked the way that this chapter relates to other aspects of history and storylines both with the ownership change and the Funhouse arrangement. I also appreciated that Ms.M finally paid lip service to how problematic Lisa's ability can be and it was good to see Ted actually acknowledging the nuisance. I'm curious to see what new developments might occur now that the issue has been finally raised.

Thanks. One of the benefits of our shared community is we're able to build off of previous stories and attempt to tie them together in a meaningful way. The trick is trying to remember everything that has happened over the past 15 years of real time. As you can see with my Vic/Cyberstar snafu early on in the story, it's easier said than done.
jabbers wrote:This chapter seems like it would have been a pretty solid conclusion, tying up most loose ends except Cyber's fate. I wonder what remains to be seen in a finale.

There are still a couple of chapters left to take care of a few remaining issues. Nothing critical to the storyline, but hopefully it's entertaining nonetheless.

Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:00 am

lods wrote:Reminds me of how one of these days I want to make the time to make a map of every character interaction lol.

Ha! I just got a headache merely thinking about it.

dumbtime

Postby dumbtime » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:41 am

lods wrote:Reminds me of how one of these days I want to make the time to make a map of every character interaction lol.

That will definitely keep you busy...

lifmcs

Postby lifmcs » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:11 pm

Funny you should mention that..........................................................................

Return to “Caught in the Headlights”