Corrupted pictures

Answering non-story questions about our site.
Eloyas

Corrupted pictures

Post by Eloyas »

Hello,
I've subscribed recently and started downloading my favorite comics for personal safekeeping. Sadly, it seems quite a few pictures became corrupted in your database as when I download using the button for that, they come out unreadable. Some error message from the database gets appended to the beginning of the files, making it unreadable. I was able to fix it with a hex editor, but I doubt most people would have the knowledge for that. Affected comics include Heroines For Hire: takeover and Grayed Out. I'm sure there are a lot more.

Did I post this in the right place or should I email your technical support? (sbediwebwych at gmail.com)

Eloyas

Re: Corrupted pictures

Post by Eloyas »

After further review, every picture on the site gets corrupted when it is downloaded with the button since today's update.

lods

Post by lods »

Temp solutions for now are to select original size for the image in gallery view and right click and save (and then rename the file name back) or to open the corrupted jpgs in a text editor and delete the first two lines (the stuff that looks like html code) and save.

Doctor Robo

Post by Doctor Robo »

There was a recent update to the gallery software and it altered or disabled some of the plug-ins we use, including the download function. We hope the plug-ins will also be updated, but we may have to live with the system currently in place for the time being.

We'll continue to monitor for any new software patches as they become available. Our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

- Doc

Tony

Post by Tony »

A minor change was made since yesterday. The big download image at the bottom downloads an unreadable files so no change there. Today I find that the little disk on the left side is back. (It wasn't there yesterday.) It is downloading images with recognizable names that are abled to be viewed once they are downloaded. It now asks you to pick a size to download rather than defaulting to the original size yet otherwise it works as it did previously. The names of the files are also altered slightly adding a size to them. Using the disk is far preferred over a right click save since it uses a recognizable filename instead of a random string of characters.
Tony

Doctor Robo

Post by Doctor Robo »

Tony wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:12 pm
A minor change was made since yesterday. The big download image at the bottom downloads an unreadable files so no change there. Today I find that the little disk on the left side is back. (It wasn't there yesterday.) It is downloading images with recognizable names that are abled to be viewed once they are downloaded. It now asks you to pick a size to download rather than defaulting to the original size yet otherwise it works as it did previously. The names of the files are also altered slightly adding a size to them. Using the disk is far preferred over a right click save since it uses a recognizable filename instead of a random string of characters.
Correct. This batch download feature was installed to supplement the individual page download function, which doesn't appear to be working properly right now. I edited the batch downloader so it will default to the images' original sizes.