Phoebe Finnley Returns to Uranus

Discussion of stories written and illustrated by WikkidLester.
wikkidlester

Phoebe Finnley Returns to Uranus

Post by wikkidlester »

My first story arc since taking my nutty collection of Lunar Point City characters over here has wrapped up! If anyone has thoughts or feedback, I'd greatly appreciate it. My goal was to give the old (and super awesome) fans a continuation of Phoebe's story, but also have it be a nice jumping in point for anyone new to the Journey.

lods

Re: Phoebe Finnley Returns to Uranus

Post by lods »

I think I was roughly following things based on the Uranus comic that was on Metrobay prior to this and a smattering of your other stories. Did a pretty good job introducing the character's personality, though.

Yennefer

Post by Yennefer »

So a quick question about this story. I know Phoebe Finnley is a special human being but why Ubera is talking to her using Uranian language? There wasn't any problem for the Ubera to interact with Earth people using English. It was a bit strange. Also, I'm not sure why but it seems this story is more about Phoebe Finnley than a continuation of the Probing Uranus plot. Though you've made a great job in the introduction Phoebe Finnley to the new readers with this comix. And we learned a little more about Xe-tal too. Not sure about all those abilities Phoebe Finnley has gained during her previous adventures. I mean it looks like it will be hard to balance someone of her caliber. But i guess you already have plans for her so I'm eager to see what will you do with her.
Nightengale fan №1

wikkidlester

Post by wikkidlester »

It is more about Phoebe Finnley! :D

This was meant more as an introduction of Phoebe than a continuation of the Uranus story, mostly because there's plans for a true Uranus sequel and I tried not to do anything that would screw that up. I wanted to show off some of her powers too. She's gained a whole bunch of powers on her travels. Maybe I should make one of those diagrams of her that lists them all like pointing to a body part. But all of these powers are going to be a big part of the next story. I alluded to it a little bit in this one. Currently her main abilities include:
-milk that turns people into mooing zombies
-vampire like hypnosis power
-her brain can sponge knowledge from any alien that has possessed her
-she knows the best way to get off any alien in the galaxy
-she has the cutest goddamn face ever
-lastly, she turns into an ogre/orc when the light of a certain start shines on her (this is from a story that hasn't been told yet, it's just here as a bonus for all the superfans who read this board)

As for the language thing, in the first Uranus story U'Bera had to use a headset to talk to the humans at first. Once they got Xe-talled, then she could speak freely. I tried to keep that going though I can't say it was 100% accurate. I realize this last chapter could've been done better with the lettering. Basically, everyone was speaking Uranian throughout the chapter, I just got lazy and didn't want to put brackets on every text bubble.

Indday60

Post by Indday60 »

wikkidlester wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:09 pm
It is more about Phoebe Finnley! :D

This was meant more as an introduction of Phoebe than a continuation of the Uranus story, mostly because there's plans for a true Uranus sequel and I tried not to do anything that would screw that up. I wanted to show off some of her powers too. She's gained a whole bunch of powers on her travels. Maybe I should make one of those diagrams of her that lists them all like pointing to a body part. But all of these powers are going to be a big part of the next story. I alluded to it a little bit in this one. Currently her main abilities include:
-milk that turns people into mooing zombies
-vampire like hypnosis power
-her brain can sponge knowledge from any alien that has possessed her
-she knows the best way to get off any alien in the galaxy
-she has the cutest goddamn face ever
-lastly, she turns into an ogre/orc when the light of a certain start shines on her (this is from a story that hasn't been told yet, it's just here as a bonus for all the superfans who read this board)

As for the language thing, in the first Uranus story U'Bera had to use a headset to talk to the humans at first. Once they got Xe-talled, then she could speak freely. I tried to keep that going though I can't say it was 100% accurate. I realize this last chapter could've been done better with the lettering. Basically, everyone was speaking Uranian throughout the chapter, I just got lazy and didn't want to put brackets on every text bubble.
Hehe, she sounds almost a bit overpowered ;)
But it was a nice introduction to Phoebe and I can't wait to see whats the future holds.

Also, are the She-babe story on hold for a while?

wikkidlester

Post by wikkidlester »

She-Babe and Boombox are the next up on my list. New chapters are coming soon!